Registered
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S 650 Cafe ABS
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: oramac

·
Registered
40 Posts
I installed cruise control over the weekend. Amazon and Ebay have these for $145 and up. I picked this one up for about $45 with tax. This one works perfect. 42.55US $ 36% OFF|Universal Cruise Control Motorcycle Throttle Lock Assist Handlebar For BMW R1200GS For KTM For Suzuki For Yamaha For Honda NC750|Covers & Ornamental Mouldings| - AliExpress
View attachment 253951
hmm I've been wanting one for a while just didnt want to pay the $145. How quick was shipping?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Once it was shipped it took 9 days which was quicker than normal. It usually takes anywhere from 14-21 days but things have gotten quicker now that the Christmas holidays are over.
The only difference between this one and the ones you see on Amazon and Ebay is you're not paying $100 for the "Atlas" label. lol

·
Registered
2019 Kawasaki Vulcan S
38 Posts
I installed cruise control over the weekend. Amazon and Ebay have these for $145 and up. I picked this one up for about $45 with tax. This one works perfect. 42.55US $ 36% OFF|Universal Cruise Control Motorcycle Throttle Lock Assist Handlebar For BMW R1200GS For KTM For Suzuki For Yamaha For Honda NC750|Covers & Ornamental Mouldings| - AliExpress
View attachment 253951
I bought many products from AliExpress and most of them worked out great. But I don’t think I’d buy a “knock off” product like this when it comes to safety equipment. I’d be worried about some kind of product failure at high speed. Just sayin 😬

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought many products from AliExpress and most of them worked out great. But I don’t think I’d buy a “knock off” product like this when it comes to safety equipment. I’d be worried about some kind of product failure at high speed. Just sayin 😬
It's the same as the $145 one. I'm pretty sure the Atlas brand is just a rebranded Chinese product. Not much can malfunction on it. Even with it engaged you can still twist the throttle closed with very little effort.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
But it's not quite cruise control, right?
Because if you're going uphill, your speed will decrease, and increase downhill.
Correct. Technically it's a throttle lock. I'm a flatlander so no hills in my area to worry about. Even when it's engaged you can still turn the throttle easily. It puts just enough friction to keep the throttle returning on its own. I've been using it everyday on my commute to work and back home.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I had a chance to really test out the throttle lock yesterday. I put just a little over 125 miles on the bike yesterday. I really works well and lets you relax your grip instead of holding the throttle the whole time. The throttle will still turn easily even while engaged if you need to adjust the speed or just slow down real quick. It worked well for being able to let go of the throttle and tuck my hand in my pocket to warm it up a little as well. lol Well worth the money I spent on it.

Reactions: JoeHollywood

·
Registered
457 Posts
I had a chance to really test out the throttle lock yesterday. I put just a little over 125 miles on the bike yesterday. I really works well and lets you relax your grip instead of holding the throttle the whole time. The throttle will still turn easily even while engaged if you need to adjust the speed or just slow down real quick. It worked well for being able to let go of the throttle and tuck my hand in my pocket to warm it up a little as well. lol Well worth the money I spent on it.
You go man.(y)

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,582 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts