Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
BOTM Winner, April 2016
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would anyone know how the cruise control works on the new Vulcans? I see that they still use cables to work the throttle, and I have a 2010 VN2000 that i'm interested in retro-fitting the cruise onto it.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
It is still ride by wire, sort of. The throttle doesn't move while under cruise like the cruise on the Voyager XII, but you can close the trotted to disengage or add throttle to pass. The throttle is moved by an actuator. Can't remember all the terms.

Why don't you justly a cruise control from http://www.murphskits.com or MCcruise.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
The cruise control is integrated into the ECU and like twowheel said, it's a by-wire system. There are short cables running to a sensor but the throttle body is controlled electronically. And unfortunately, you can't just slap a VN1700's cruise control system onto another model. Even if the parts would fit I don't know how the ECU could be programmed to support it.

Good luck! In the meantime, "cramp busters" are great cheap ways to keep the wrist alive. They just slip over the throttle grip and allow you to have a more rested hand position. Some people like throttle locks too but I never did, personally. Electronic cruise or nothing for me (personally).

·
BOTM Winner, April 2016
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the help so far gents. I use a throttle lock now, which I don't mind. the over all plan I have is to buy the throttle control housing from a new Vulcan caus it has the built in four way flasher switch and the buttons for the cruise. I had it planed to wire in the flasher based on the gadget page, and I agree that an after market cruise will more than likely be the best choice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts