Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone managed to mount a cruise control oin their ride? I'm talking about a real curise, such as on a Nomad, not a throttle lock like Breakaway.
My Boss Lady has informed we that we are getting close to being able to afford a better ride then what we're on now. I like the Nomad but I really like the 2000. And I'm interested in seeing what kind of mods I will be able to do.
Thanks for reading.

·
1946-2014
630 Posts
Has anyone managed to mount a cruise control oin their ride? I'm talking about a real curise, such as on a Nomad, not a throttle lock like Breakaway.
My Boss Lady has informed we that we are getting close to being able to afford a better ride then what we're on now. I like the Nomad but I really like the 2000. And I'm interested in seeing what kind of mods I will be able to do.
Thanks for reading.
The only limit will be your wallet and imagination.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Holy Smokes !
All that for Cruise Control.
I'll have to give credit to this guy or anyone else that goes this route
for the effort and determination to have this set-up.

I think I'll stick to eating my wheaties and hold my right hand in position for hours.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Holy Smokes !

I think I'll stick to eating my wheaties and hold my right hand in position for hours.
Yep, it's a whole lot work to put in an electronic cruise control. That's why I went with a Brakeaway cruise control on my V2K.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have had one on my V2K for a long time and it works perfect. It was easy to install. This is a link to a thread I started back then.... http://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/forum/kawasaki-cruisers/117695-v2k-electronic-cruise-control.html and another link to a guy who did it to his 900 after.... http://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/forum/kawasaki-cruisers/118141-rostra-cruise-control-vn900-installation-progress.html There are only two things I emphasis is you use the Rostra Cruise and you use the magnetic pickup kit for the speed sensor and glue magnets to the front pulley. If you wire into the speed sensor on the bike you will never get it to work totally perfect!!!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Holy Smokes !

I'm with you Paul...only my wife feeds me "STEEL CUT OATS" :eek::eek:

·
Registered
392 Posts
I must admit, when the situation calls for it, the cruise on my Nomad is soooo appreciated. I often wonder why all large street motorcycles don't have it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts