Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 2010 Voyage for about 5 months now. One thing I don't understand about the cruise control is that if I come to a complete stop, I can't use the resume feature. I have to manually get back up to speed and Set the CC again. Is this normal CC behavior for all 1700 Voyagers/Vaqueros/1700 Nomads?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
Normal. My car does it too

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
Don't know if you have an owners manual or not.........
But..
When your speed goes 35mph or below the cruise control cancels... I don't like it either... but that's the way it is......
That is the one of many things I liked about my Yamaha Venture. The cruise setting stayed until you turned the ignition off....

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
My automatic cars will resume. Manual shift won't for good reason. What is you had the cruise set for 65 in 6th gear. You hit resume while in 3rd gear. You will be in for a surprise!

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
My Focus (manual) will resume until the ignition is turned off. Also shows the set speed up on the screen, and grays it out when 'paused'. Most CC systems will limit acceleration, and the clutch will pause it just like the brakes.

My Vaquero works the same way as your Voyager. Once below 35mph, it resets.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
My Focus (manual) will resume until the ignition is turned off. Also shows the set speed up on the screen, and grays it out when 'paused'. Most CC systems will limit acceleration, and the clutch will pause it just like the brakes.

My Vaquero works the same way as your Voyager. Once below 35mph, it resets.
So what happens in your focus if you hit resume in 3rd gear instead of fifth?

The last manual I had with cruise only worked in top gear.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
So what happens in your focus if you hit resume in 3rd gear instead of fifth?

The last manual I had with cruise only worked in top gear.
It'll accelerate. I can set cruise as low as 20mph actually. And I do, believe it or not. The road leading to my house is a long road that's mostly downhill and 20mph and, you guessed it, a "revenue stream" from the municipality. Frequently I just leave it in 2nd (it's downhill, 2nd gear keeps it from accelerating down the hill, it's like 2500 RPM's or something) and set the cruise at 20 and don't worry about it.

If I hit resume in 3rd it would just keep accelerating. It doesn't accelerate very fast on resume, and of course it won't over-rev the engine. Clutch/brake of course will pause it. Generally I just accelerate, get into fifth, and pull the 'paddle' that resumes it.

Here's a pic from the internet:

You can see the cancel/resume is actually a paddle on the back of the switch. Kinda convenient.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts