Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone,

Im looking for a cruise control or throttle lock for the stock vn2000 handlebars , and not sure if i should electronic (cruise control mod) or throttle lock ( K.I.S.S) what do you guys use and the top brands

·
Registered
181 Posts
If you live in an area with flat roads go for the throttle lock. ( which is what I have ) Because you don't have to adjust much for going up hill or down hill when your driving on straight flat roads. If you live in a hilly or mountainous area go for cruise control that way you just set the speed you want and sit back.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I agree with reggae,I have a throttle lock and it is a pain on a hill.It starts to drop off going up a hill then going down the other side you have to back it off cuz you go too fast but when I,m on flat ground it works fine.Been thinking about putting on a elec. one also.If you do,would you document the steps to install?

·
BOTM Winner, October 2016
537 Posts
Thought about the Rostra myself. But ended up with a Brake Away throttle lock. My thinking was it's one less thing that could go wrong electrically. Ever since a USB port caused some electrical gremlins, I'm all for low tech :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
181 Posts
Thought about the Rostra myself. But ended up with a Brake Away throttle lock. My thinking was it's one less thing that could go wrong electrically. Ever since a USB port caused some electrical gremlins, I'm all for low tech :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
I had a BrakeAway on my 950 V-Star, worked really well.
Rostra? I thought for a moment everyone was talking about Rasta mon :dance:

·
Registered
457 Posts
I would be very curious as to where you are going to find an electronic cruise control designed for your VN 2000 . The Audiovox CCS-100 Cruise Control has not been available for awhile now, and I have been unable to find an electronic cruise for my VN 1500 anywhere. I did check the Rostra link stated here but also found a disclaimer that their product does not work with motorcycles or ATV's.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I have the BrakeAway. First, I don't know of a cruise control that will work on the V2K without serious modification. Second, I just need to give my throttle hand a break every now and again for just a minute or so. I also have a throttle boss for the same reason. I mean my hand is almost always going to be on the throttle anyway, right? Unless I'm fixing a drink or messing with my hair.

·
Premium Member
1,162 Posts
When I bought the bike...from the widow of the orig. owner (not a bike-related end, okay?!)...it had a trottle lock installed. But I have no idea what flavor. It also has the palm extension on the throttle for giving my fingers a rest. Don't know the flavor of it, either. Talk about feeling like a forever noob!!! But at least I know what they are and can use 'em!

And Mr. Braske...hair? What's this hair of which you speak?!

Victor

1 - 13 of 13 Posts