Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looked at the Forecast. 56. FIFTY SIX. FIVE SIX degrees on Sunday. That's GORGEOUS weather.

Only, there's currently 14 inches of snow on the ground with 2 more inches expected tonight. Ice, refreeze, and gobs of cinders, salt, and sand on the road. Come Sunday, much of the snow will still be there AND there will be all that nasty crap on the road. So I will be reveling in gorgeous temps with no roads to take my bike on. Maybe I'll just put my gear on, sit on it, and make revving noises in the driveway...

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
That's one good thing about the deep south, they only use sand and 8910(very fine limestone) on the bridges. After a few days it is either gone or on the edges.

By the way your working to hard just walk around the house making revving noises, you don't have to gear up.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's one good thing about the deep south, they only use sand and 8910(very fine limestone) on the bridges. After a few days it is either gone or on the edges.

By the way your working to hard just walk around the house making revving noises, you don't have to gear up.
But gearing up completes the experience!

We don't GENERALLY see the sand (but we do have the cinders and salt). Be we got a huge, unusual, ungodly amount of snow. And below zero temps. All things that are not at all typical for us. I've thought sometimes I'd like to live down south where I could comfortably ride all year round, but, then it'd get nasty hot in the summer, more bugs, and I have to admit; I kinda like having 4 distinct seasons. (Sometimes all in the same afternoon here in MO! LOL)

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
We have a saying down here about winter weather, "If you don't like the weather now wait a little while". This past Sunday was a perfect example., 9:15am on the way to church it was almost 60. at noon it was 55 and overcast. When I was grilling supper at 6:30 it was raining and 40, by 11:00 I almost busted my tail on the black Ice in front of the grill.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Looked at the Forecast. 56. FIFTY SIX. FIVE SIX degrees on Sunday. That's GORGEOUS weather.

Only, there's currently 14 inches of snow on the ground with 2 more inches expected tonight. Ice, refreeze, and gobs of cinders, salt, and sand on the road. Come Sunday, much of the snow will still be there AND there will be all that nasty crap on the road. So I will be reveling in gorgeous temps with no roads to take my bike on. Maybe I'll just put my gear on, sit on it, and make revving noises in the driveway...
Going to warm up here to 40 this weekend. I usually just fire up in the garage and make the amplified motorcycle noise. LOL. the old voyager fired up this past Sunday when it was 15 below, died after 20 seconds and fired right back up again. Still running the original battery. I was really surprised that it started so easily at 15 below. Never had a tender on this bike ever. Yes, we have about 20 inches snow on the ground here and some amazing drifts.

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts

Okay. If you're gonna do this, and want the full experience, you gotta do it right. First, go to the store and buy a pack of the cheapest generic cigarettes. When you get home, take them out of the pack and put them in a clear zip lock baggie. Put them in you jacket pocket. More about these later.
Next, carry a box fan outside and sit it on the ground about 8-10 feet in front of your bike. Run the appropriate extension cords.
After getting geared up, turn the fan on .
Now, sit on your bike and verbally rev until your heart is content!
Don't forget to verbally run through the gears pretty hard every once in a while. When you "hit the open road" don't forget to lean.
When you get into "the hills", lean hard every once in a while and remember to make "metal scraping on pavement noise". But it's important not to make that noise in every curve. It's "special" and shouldn't happen in every "curve". Remember to look to your destination when in the curve.
Finally, those generic cigarettes. They're for when the cops show up. When they ask you how much you've been drinking, tell them you haven't been, and offer them the cigarettes.
Oh, I can't speak for everybody else, but personally, I'd pitch in a couple of dollars if you can show us where you get an "excessively loud pipes citation".

:D

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Supposed to be 67 and sunny Sunday.

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
P.S. if they offer you this nice white jacket with really long sleeves, get off your bike, toss them your helmet, and RUN!

·
Registered
104 Posts
P.S. if they offer you this nice white jacket with really long sleeves, get off your bike, toss them your helmet, and RUN!
:doctor: :eek: lmao!!

So I shouldn't say I ride everyday... itll be 73 on sunday :glasses-cool:

if you gear up make sure you mount a cam on the bars so we can see the leaning of the bike... just sayin turn on a movie where they are driving in a scenic place and sit on the bike watching it and pretend its real life? lol

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
Romans, just follow the example from the Cheech and Chong movie. Tommy (Chong) had the bike in his living room complete with fan for the wind experience, stereo with born to be wild at full volume, and a flexible exhaust pipe (similar to a dryer vent hose) from his bike to the window and he would sit on the bike and rev the engine with the fan on high and the stereo cranked.

Just make sure that, like the movie, your exhaust pipe is pointed directly at your neighbors prize white roses...., heh heh heh

1 - 11 of 11 Posts