Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,854 Posts
Man that's just insane, but they're out there. A guy was on my butt yesterday and he went into the turn lane to get around as he yelled at me.. At the next light I asked him(nicely) to pull into the parking lot to discuss the matter. He decided not to.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yup, just something about 4 wheels that makes people stupid. I was almost clipped while riding on Sunday merging onto the highway with my wife on the back. The ass in a convertible switched from the left lane to the right as I was merging and almost clipped us. My inlaws were in their slingshot behind us and saw the whole thing. They got next to him and ripped him a new one. If my wife wasn't with me it wouldnt have ended that nicely...

Hopefully they make an example of this ass clown and charge him with assault with a deadly weapon or even attempted murder.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The video was hard to watch, I was amazed both the rider and passenger were able to get up and walk it off. People are crazy.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I don't think four wheels necessarily make people stupid, many are capable of that with any number of wheels, the problem is that those people are allowed on the road at all. Despite the fact that driving is a privilege, NOT a right, many people do not treat it as such. Getting a drivers license is WAY too easy in this country as it doesn't cost enough, nor does it require an acceptable level of skill. Keeping a drivers license after repeated demonstration of inability to operate a vehicle safely is even easier. In my opinion, speeding isn't that offensive until it become reckless and dangerous at which point the operator should have 100% of their driving privileges revoked for a minimum of 1 year on the first offense, 5 on the second and forever on the third. Harsh, sure but too many people aren't capable of processing the consequences of their actions because all too often there either aren't any or they aren't severe enough to deter the offense in the first place.

·
Registered
673 Posts
On Memorial Day of all things. Wrong on every level.
Hope they throw the book at em, all the books in fact.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I'm not saying anyone deserves to be run over, but to assume the biker was just totally innocent is probably naive. I see so many terrible motorcycle riders every day it's amazing. Seems most bikers assume everyone that drives a car doesn't ride a bike and vice versa.

This has zero to do with how many wheels you're on. Just bad bad judgement by human beings.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
That video and the report was shown on major network TV evening news and other news- casts. One report was that the car driver was driving aggressively and dangerously in general and that when that driver and the bikers were stopped at a traffic signal the bikers complained to the car driver about his driving. The car driver then reversed for a few feet and ran over the bikers as in the video. The car driver also reportedly had prior arrests for road rage and aggressive driving. Generally it's better for bikers to ignore bad driving by cagers and put some distance between them and the offenders. That cager could have had a firearm and used it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had a case of road rage against me yesterday. 'Just cruising down a straight country road, had someone in an old Pontiac Grand Am following close for a few minutes. There was a red light up ahead. Just as I was coming to a stop at the light, he blew past me on the right shoulder (no turn lane) still going a good 10-15mph, maybe 3 ft away. He slowed but never stopped, turned right, spinning tires, and then flipped me off through his open sunroof. I just sat there glad he didn't clip me, wondering what his dysfunction was, as he drove away.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts