Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What crash bars would be the best for the Vulcan 900 LT?
I always found that the Cobra crash bars worked best for me. How about for the 900?
Where can I buy those crash bars and get the best possible deal?

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have Cobra Highway bars, I bought them in hopes of mounting some highway pegs. Unfortunately, even with Kury offset pegs I still could not come up with a comfortable set up. They look nice though. I'm just too short to reach them. Lol

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Not everybody likes Lindby but I have the Multibar. Let's just say that it's already paid for itself. I'm 5'11" and can put my feet on the rests but anybody much shorter might have a hard time.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I've got the Cobra 1.25". I like the way they clamp to the upright frame members at the top. Everyone else uses the small bolt at the top of the radiator. Just doesn't look secure to me. But that's just me. I almost went with MCE but I bought their back rest and the chrome started showing rust pits before the end of the first season.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Not everybody likes Lindby but I have the Multibar. Let's just say that it's already paid for itself. I'm 5'11" and can put my feet on the rests but anybody much shorter might have a hard time.

Those bars look good! I have the Kawi bars on mine, they look okay. I really like that bag you have!! If you don't mind, could you tell me were you got it?

Thanks! BTW, Great pics ;>)

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Graybush, I see you also have the MCE backrest. Have you seen any rust issues? I don't know what I did wrong, but the chrome on mine is peppered with little pits since the end of the first season. After paying nearly $300 it really pissed me off. It's the only chrome on the bike that's rusting.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Here's a link of the bars I got from ebay back in june of 09. I'm not sure what kind of bars they are, but after 3 riding seasons they still look great. I bought them just to install highway pegs so I could stretch my leags out. Wasn't really sure how well they would protect my ride, but after that one that my foot missed the kickstand...You said Graybush, It's already paid for itself! and I was happy I had them. http://www.ebay.com/itm/ENGINE-CRASH-FREEWAY-BARS-GUARDS-VULCAN-900-ALL-MODELS-/290576996432?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item43a7bd1850

1 - 12 of 12 Posts