Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I know some of you have dealt with this. My clutch cover already looks like crap. I guess the sticker isn't heat resistant. I asked my dealer about it and the two guys just kinda stared at each other. Does anyone happen to have anything in writing saying the covers are warranty items? They're only 20 bucks a piece but it's kinda crazy they're discoloring on a 6 month old bike.

·
Registered
112 Posts
My dealer replaced the right side air cover insert on mine when I complained about the finish coming off at about 6000 miles, no questions asked. The insert peels off easily and the new has sticky tape on the back. Did you buy the bike there? If you did, you wouldn't think they would think twice about keeping the customer happy....

·
Registered
112 Posts
on second thought, I think it was my clutch cover they replaced the insert to. the new one is already showing 'spider web' like tracks in the finish already (@9000mi). the air covers show some finish deterioration around the edges too. Anyone know of a place to buy derby covers or anything to cover what Kawi has put on?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I bought the bike there. I don't know what their deal is. They used to be great, but just kinda tapdanced around the issue. Seems like the worse the bike market gets the less and less dealers care.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm thinking about dealing with what's there until I can have something made. I'd almost rather not deal with warranty crap and just get something that fixes the problem.

·
Registered
636 Posts
discoloring

Mine has been disclored since late april. I bought the bike april 21st. Road in rain one time and it is jacked up!

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Ok, I know some of you have dealt with this. My clutch cover already looks like crap. I guess the sticker isn't heat resistant. I asked my dealer about it and the two guys just kinda stared at each other. Does anyone happen to have anything in writing saying the covers are warranty items? They're only 20 bucks a piece but it's kinda crazy they're discoloring on a 6 month old bike.
Either ask the dealer or go straight to Kawasaki and ask for a copy of the full/complete warranty policy.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Your bike has a 36 month warranty. The dealer has to replace the covers under warranty. I'm on my second set of replacement covers.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
The dealer has to replace those parts in warranty only if those parts are included in the 36 month warranty.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Does anyone know if there are after-market, real chrome replacement parts anywhere??

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's what I'm wondering too. I've thought about ordering a replacement cover and having it chromed. Who knows. Maybe one day someone will come up with something.

·
Registered
64 Posts
all the "covers" in the voyager are garbage...i am on my 4th set and the dealer does all 4 of them each time...Ma Kaw knows there is a problem with the clearcoat not holding up to the heat but there are no new updated parts out yet:mad:

·
Registered
112 Posts
all the "covers" in the voyager are garbage...i am on my 4th set and the dealer does all 4 of them each time...Ma Kaw knows there is a problem with the clearcoat not holding up to the heat but there are no new updated parts out yet:mad:
TheAudiDoc
14’ dark tint Windshield

14', that's quite a tall windshield you have :eek: how does it handle?

Yes, I enjoy reading the signatures and see how others are upgrading their rides. Yours sounds real sweet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts