Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
147 Posts
Just thought I'd share some photos of my craftsman socket risers. Thanks to some info and older posts from members here, I was able to make them for next to nothing!! And man what a difference on the back, I'm lovin it.




 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
Nope no links!

Would like to see though.

M
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
09Vulcan900se.

Yeah if the ones you posted are viewable then leave them. Thanks. Pm sent
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe someone can send me a quick instruction using photobucket. Cause last time I checked the app for iPhone makes the pics really small.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,013 Posts
In your original post, you had double img tags both at the beginning and at the end, also you had an extra HTTP// in there. Simply removing the extra stuff caused your links to function correctly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In your original post, you had double img tags both at the beginning and at the end, also you had an extra HTTP// in there. Simply removing the extra stuff caused your links to function correctly.
Ok I see !! I guess I'll have to just remove those for now on. Thanks for the help!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
222 Posts
So, now that the pics work. How about a little info, like what size sockets and what else was involved in the build.

Thanks,
James
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks, and no I use car wash soap with the wax in it like once a month then just maguires spray detail and microfiber towel.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
As for the socket risers. Got most info from a member here. Richard Kerr.

So I bought 2 coupling nuts 2inch long And drilled them out with 11/32 bit (size needed for the 10x1.25 tap) so then went ahead made the new threads in the coupling nut (tap off eBay for like 6 bucks)

After that got my dremel and had to make the 7/8 sockets a little bigger to fit over the studs on the bars. Slid the sockets on (ratchet side first) then I put 2 washers on the studs, then the coupling nut. Washers were so I could tighten the socket tight to the bars before attaching to trees.

From home depot got 2 bolts again the 10x1.25 about 2 inch long. Put a couple washer on and attached the whole setup, of course with plenty of locktite on everything.

And of course I fitted everything and made sure it would work before I painted the sockets.

So all in all, being I already had two 7/8 sockets, I spent about 15 bucks doin this. And I've put about 60 miles with them and checked the tightness and there good!!!
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top