Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all i need advice on what covers you guys use the oem kawi one is like $160 does anyone find one that is good for all year use i have limited use to indoor storage for my bike so i want to get a good cover for it thanks in advance for all help

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Guardian Covers .....by Dowco........I believe is what i use....Made in USA......Motorcycle specific....Different sizes 4 different bikes and options....Most Gold Wing riders use them up here....Have had several over the years...Very good product.....Terry.....:)

Try this............ www.dowco-inc.com/products/power_sports

·
Registered
35 Posts
I agree

I have a Guardian cover, too. It's been great, and my favorite feature is that you can put it on directly after riding- although the instructions say this might shorten the product life to 5 (I think) years. I bought a cover from autozone and returned it because it was a cheap piece of junk that could only go on a totally cold bike.

I bought one before I had a sissy bar/luggage rack, and now it comes over the sissybar and wraps under the rack instead of covering the rear wheel, but that's not a big deal because I only use the cover at work and keep the bike in the garage overnight.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i'll deff have to look for a large one then i have a windshield large hard bags and a sissy bar

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Ya they have charts 4 the sizes where they sell them......As 4 an idea......i have a Nomad.....i had a XL.........Was 2 tight Talked 2 the company and they sent me a XXL.....Works way better......But they do work very good and r top quality material....Terry....:)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats what i'll prob have to do get a xxl i'll look further into them if your saying there high quality

·
Registered
719 Posts
I have the Guardian with zipper compartments for a windshield and back rest. Test fit was perfect. Haven't used the cover since I bought it 2-1/2 years ago so I can't speak to it's performance. Bike stays in the garage, cover was just in case I to kick it out while doing dirty work or something in the garage during the winter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts