Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I was wondering if there are any bike covers with the Vulcan logo on them? or maybe the Kawasaki Logo? Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hot Damn I did not think that much. Just a plain one is gonna do. That's what I had in mind though. Thank you.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I would warn though that while it is nice to have a cover with the brand logo you are essentially advertising the bike under the cover. May alert thieves. Even on my Cycleshell I have taped over the logo on the vent.

·
Registered
357 Posts

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Good covers are not cheap. I paid $60 for one a few years ago that was advertised as heavy duty and it only lasted a year. I just bought one of these covers used https://dowcopowersports.com/guardian-weatherall-plus-ez-zip-cover/ I hope it holds up.
Me, zippers and nylon are a recipe for some nastiness. I bought a $25 dollar cover in 09 that the elastic in front got fatigued and needs replacing. Keep my scoot in the barn most of the time but in summer I just cover it unless some crappy weather arises.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would warn though that while it is nice to have a cover with the brand logo you are essentially advertising the bike under the cover. May alert thieves. Even on my Cycleshell I have taped over the logo on the vent.
Thanks. I was wanting it for the garage tho. I think it would be worst if it said Harley-Davidson

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Big market for stolen Vulcan 900s these days?:D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all for the info. I guess my next question is what size would be best? I'm not gonna put bags on it just the Memphis Shade Bullet. I'm thinking medium. (Man, I haven't fit a medium since I was 15)

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
I don't think most thieves know or care when it comes to specific models. There are a few specific vehicles out there that folks are looking for (mostly sport bikes). But if they are messing around and see a shiny cover with a logo on it, they might think it's worth a lot more than it really is. The reality is cruiser-type motorcycles are rarely stolen.

That said, I prefer a plain cover.

Yep, I've heard that. Again cruiser-type bikes aren't a hot ticket but there's no sense advertising. Although I keep mine in a garage so if they are already that far, I don't think the cover really matters. But I just keep mind under a plain clean cover. Sometimes. Rarely do I do that, honestly. I have brought the cover with me when on vacation and covered the bike in the rain in the hotel parking lot, but I've kind of stopped doing that. If it rained on me on the highway all day, then it's not gonna kill it to rain on it all night. Blasphemy I know, but oh well.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I shopped for a garage dust cover for my 900 classic and bought the Ultragard 4-459AB ("large").

It seems well built to me, fits great, does the job, and the price was just right (I paid just under $50.00 shipped).

·
Registered
165 Posts
Point being that if the logo is not there then potential thieves might not go to the trouble of looking.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
I would warn though that while it is nice to have a cover with the brand logo you are essentially advertising the bike under the cover. May alert thieves.
Ditto this warning. According to insurance companies, the best thing you can do to keep your parked bike from being noticed by thieves is:

1) keep it out of sight in a locked garage
2) when #1 isn't possible, keep it from drawing attention

Having a brand-logo on a bike cover defeats item #2.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts