Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a paint roller pan cut and snipped, got it to fit over the fan on the left side,really blocks that fan from burning my left leg. Tied it to the frame rail with a couple of zip ties.Took it to Sturgis and it worked great in all that traffic and heat.It cost a total of $3.50 cents.Im sure theres a good fabricater that could do a better job ,maybe Kawasaki. I have pictures but can get them to come up?? .

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Took a paint roller pan cut and snipped, got it to fit over the fan on the left side,really blocks that fan from burning my left leg. Tied it to the frame rail with a couple of zip ties.Took it to Sturgis and it worked great in all that traffic and heat.It cost a total of $3.50 cents.Im sure theres a good fabricater that could do a better job ,maybe Kawasaki. I have pictures but can get them to come up?? .
I was in Texas a couple of weeks ago and the temps were over 100 the week I was there.

What were the temps in Sturgis as a comparison and is there any chance of photos?

Thanks

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can send them to someones email and than they can post them.Just need an email. The weather was good, not too hot ,chilly well pretty cold in the upper 50s in the morning.We got rain and hail as we were leaving deadood.Had to get under a tree to get out of the hail.There are a lot of motorcycles especially sat and sunday.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I can send them to someones email and than they can post them.Just need an email. The weather was good, not too hot ,chilly well pretty cold in the upper 50s in the morning.We got rain and hail as we were leaving deadood.Had to get under a tree to get out of the hail.There are a lot of motorcycles especially sat and sunday.
Sent you my e-mail.

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Sent you my e-mail.

Posted DSCF0660.JPG

On behalf of Gibi
The flap on the bottom of the shield goes in front of the bar that goes to the frame rails.I just painted it and zip tied it on.Im surprised how well it works.
DSCF0661.JPG
The other picture is of the bottom bolts on the radaiter I shimmed them about a quarter of an inch,not sure if thats was enough to help but its done.Im not much of a fabricater but it came out pretty good and blends with the bike.
DSCF0662.jpg

DSCF0668.jpg

DSCF0671.jpg
Hope this helps Im sure there are others that could do a better job.But you get the general idea.Thanks for taking the time and doing this,we just cant get the pictures up from my computer

1 - 5 of 5 Posts