Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, EN500 Vulcans are scarce around here, so after some careful deliberation, we settled on this sharp Honda VT750 Shadow Spirit for the wife. She's pretty stoked about it and and we've been putting around the neighborhood all evening. I even made her practice maneuvers for 2 hours at the Mormon Church parking lot up the street. Got her scheduled for an MSF course in about a month, and hopefully we'll be able to grind out some daylight, non-superslab miles before then while she has her permit.

Attachments

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
lf, that there is a great bike. had 01 and dug it plenty. it was a step up from 2 previous sportsters. road it all over whyOmeng, yellerstones n some idy'ho. very nice bike. then needed a bigr one. 02 was kaw 1500. but the honda spirit 750 was one sweet mo'sheen.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Nice bike, they look good together. Make sure you have her practice on some groved roads to get use to the smaller front tire moving around, before she rides over them and possibly gets scared.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
All I've heard is good things about them , nice looking bike !!

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Man, I couldn't even find a used one of these! Had to buy new. Folks cling to these, much like they do the EN500.

Racer, it was my wife taught ME how to ride. She grew up riding dirt bikes and enduros on her parents' farm in American Falls, ID. I doubt hitting gravel will scare her as much as it scares me (and it scares the PISS outta me). She's still learning the fine art of centrifugal steering, but by the time we came home last night, she was doing just fine.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
My wife (and i know of at least one other member) has one of these for her bike. Great choice. In fact, it used to be mine before i got the 900, so i passed it along to her. Excellent for around town, and suitable for longer trips.

Have much fun, and ride safe!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts