Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife has a 2009 VN2000LT. Long shots exhaust. I am adding a K&N filter to the bike. She has a FI 2000 R tuner. Anybody do this? Suggestions on settings? Performance upgrade to be expected? Any help or comments are great thanks!

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,910 Posts
Just changing it the filter type won't really do anything.

to change the fuel processor map, you would need to change the intake itself.

·
Premium Member
1,162 Posts
Okay, Smedlin...I'm listening...what should I consider for my VN2000A (other than searching for earlier threads of this topic!).

Victor

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,910 Posts
Okay, Smedlin...I'm listening...what should I consider for my VN2000A (other than searching for earlier threads of this topic!).

Victor
Probably the best is either the BAK (Big Air Kit) or the Tornado, both by Barons.

Most go with the BAK (it wasn't out in 04 when I did my intake). I really like how you can get different designs on it.

·
Premium Member
1,162 Posts
Thanks, Smedlin. I checked out Baron's and both look good I had also seen a 2K with a ProCharger intake that knocked me out, but their site doesn't show the one I saw insalled on that bike, nor do they list a model for a Vulcan That's okay...I'm pretty sure the BAK will give me what I want! :smirk:

V.

·
Registered
857 Posts
@vic: If it helps, the one thing I love about the BAK is the narrow profile, most other intake systems are bulkier, I even tried a home made solution in the Vulcan 1600 that I loved how it looked but it still stuck out a little more than what I wanted, There is a good variety of graphics for the cover and it is very well made, the back plate is solid and the front/cover plate is very thick metal with very good quality chrome. Just the cover plate is expensive so look for the one you like b4 you buy it, changing the cover later will run you some good $$$.

·
Premium Member
1,162 Posts
Thanks, Chanoc! Between you and Smedlin, I've pretty much decided on the BAK, but there are a couple things in front of it...the previous owner straightening out the title in North Carolina so I can register in Cali is first...and that should happen this week, despite Presidents' Day. Y'all's input is welcomed and always appreciated! (Yeah, I grew up in Mississippi...you just can't hear the drawl in my typing!) :grin2:

Victor

1 - 9 of 9 Posts