Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Mustang one piece wide vintage touring seat, it pushes me up to close and it messes with my hips when i touch the ground and i never have a passanger , So i ordered the Corbin Young Guns and figured I can use the mustang when i get a passanger. Does anyone have it? and how does it feel?
I'd say "it looks really cool ". :cool:

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have about 1,000km on mine. Love the look on my bike and have had plenty of positive comments and questions about it. I find it supportive and did 400km one day a couple of weeks ago with no issues. It is so much better than stock that riding the bike is a whole new experience. I'll be putting it to the test in 3 weeks when doing a 3,400km trip to the Dragon over 6 days.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Jase64' did your seat come in? How do you like it? I'm thinking of getting one too...

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jase64' did your seat come in? How do you like it? I'm thinking of getting one too...
I just got the email notification, it is shipped and will be here next wensday .Its been 3 weeks since i ordered it. I hate waiting that long . i hope it's worth it. will let you know

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm 6'4" with a 34" inseam, so I can't decide between the Gun Slinger or the Mustang... It's difficult when we can't try them out. Some say both sit you back and down and others say the opposite. Does Corbin let you return it if you don't like it?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
With this mustang seat i have now i can feel the back part pushing me foward more like pressing against my back. If i wear a belt, it gets sore, i had the same style on my vtx and it sat me back and lower and was nice and comfy for 6 yrs. this one doesnt. Im 6ft 31 inseam. There are no returns with the corbin . the seat is custom made for you. they ask for height weight and inseam, thats why it takes 3-4 weeks to ship.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Element80, how many miles have you put in on your seat? I've heard they "break in" about 1000 miles or so...

·
Registered
39 Posts
It's hard for sure. Doesn't feel like there is any give. But I like it better than stock...just wish it was a little softer
I agree, man it seems like the longer I have mine the harder it gets, lol...I actually like the shape up and how it fits around my butt. I actually thought about taking it to an upholsterer and cutting out a section of it and inserting a gel pad in it to soften it up a bit

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
one of my buddies has had his for 8 years and he loves it..i remember how he used to say how hard it is years back

·
Registered
573 Posts
Element80, how many miles have you put in on your seat? I've heard they "break in" about 1000 miles or so...
probably have 5k on it....got really wet yesterday, was like 90+ degrees then rained for 2 hrs...when i got off work the leather was super soft and the seat felt better than ever....then it dried out lol

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The seat came in today and WOW!! It looks awesome on the bike. Took it for a nice ride and i can't believe how much leg room i gained. It's nice not to be pushed up and you can stretchout and bit and rest your foot on the floor boards. It feels like a whole diffrent riding experiance and plenty of room to sit sideway on it at a rest stop, i dont mind the firmnance of it. but i have to bring the highway pegs in an inch. OVERALL I LIKE IT... :)

for references im 6ft 32 inseam..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Jason, please post some pics...did you go with any alligator or snake? I like the look of the asphalt, maybe as the trim piece or the rear... I'm glad you like it, I'll probably go that route too.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll take some pics today, I ordered ....black leather seating, no welts, black sides, black tail, the whole seats textures match, looks sharp.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Dhobbs, does the flames and wings come standard? I think the Corbin looks the best of all the aftermarket I've seen...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Dhobbs, does the flames and wings come standard? I think the Corbin looks the best of all the aftermarket I've seen...
That's the standard seat. If you don't get any special coloring or stitching, this is what it looks like. I just got the standard because at the time I had planned to get a custom seat cover on it but after I got it I liked the way it looked so I'll just keep it this way...Can't go wrong with Corbin

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Im glad i got the standard seat it looks awesome.. I heard the aligator material is too thick and dosnt stretch and causes the stitching to fail. Now i have to buy longer offset peg mounts for the highway pegs. yesterday i had a long ride.. can't go wrong.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks fellas, I appreciate all the feedback!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts