Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Did a trip over the 4th of july weekend. Around a 600 mile trip. Have a corbin seat and could not be happier, Does anyone else here use a corbin seat all i see mostly is mustang. What do you think of your corbin if you are using one? a pic of my bike all loaded down ran great with the weight

·
Registered
252 Posts
My wife just bought us a Corbin Dual tourer, we haven't had a chance to get in any two up riding since I put it on. I have had the chance to put about 400 miles on it (single) and couldn't be happier, best mod that could have been done.

·
Registered
742 Posts
which corbin do you have? my old classic had a mustang touring, it was too big for my taste but very comfortable. i have the stocker on my custom right now but think i want to upgrade for longer rides.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Picked up a Corbin Young Guns saddle (from "Classtom", who I found here on the message boards). Did over 1000 miles from June 28 through July 3rd. Could feel it "a little" at the base of the spine, only when I rode nonstop for +4 hours. Other than that, I liked it. Just got the bike in April, and the longest I rode on the stock seat was about 3 hours. It seemed "OK", but it's not an apples-to-apples comparison. Plus, the Corbin just looks a lot better.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the dual touring seat looks right for the classic. Yes a very nice looking seat got mine with the stitching love the way there sew in the letter v in to it. Yesterdays ride 300 miles and no pain in the rear.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I sold my Young Guns to RogInTX a couple of weeks ago. I have sat on many including Kawa Gel for Classic that I own now, Mustang Day Tripper & Saddleman Explorer. Let me start by saying all of the above are much more comfortable than the stock seats on these vn900's. But in a fair comparation between two seats that are designed for the 900 Customs the Corbin Young Guns is in my opinion more comfortable than the Mustang Day Tripper and also the quality of the seat is superior as well. The Corbin is made with real leather vs vinil on most of the competition. I have read some reviews that have compared the Corbin Touring with the Mustang Touring and I have seen the same results of people liking the corbin better as well.

Most buy Mustangs because they're easier on wallet and are great seats too. Mustang was my second choice but I was not too crazy about the day tripper looks. Why do I own a kawa gel?? well, the passanger side is much lager than the corbin young guns or the mustang day tripper.

If you plan to do lots of 2up and 1hr + trips then consider the touring seats. No matter what brand you get the passanger side will have much more area. I recomend the Corbin as choice #1 and the Mustang as choice #2 and then the gel seats as choice #3.

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
I got tired of waiting for the rain to stop, so yesterday I took off in the morning and rode all day, 497 miles IN THE STOCK SEAT! I'll let you know when I have feelings in my rear-end again....nothing yet.....(that doesn't sound right, but you know what I mean) and when my lower back stops hurting. I'll be looking at the Corbin and Mustang before I do that again!

·
Registered
382 Posts
I found a mustang touring seat... $500 here with only about 800 miles on the seat. It's not a bad deal considering it's basically new.

I've heard of them going for $250 though.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I got tired of waiting for the rain to stop, so yesterday I took off in the morning and rode all day, 497 miles IN THE STOCK SEAT! I'll let you know when I have feelings in my rear-end again....nothing yet.....(that doesn't sound right, but you know what I mean) and when my lower back stops hurting. I'll be looking at the Corbin and Mustang before I do that again!
I think most any aftermarket seat works well. If you're riding solo, I really like some of the stuff from Willie and Max.

YEA zig the stock seat will [email protected]$% you up big time
feels like they cut strips out of a 55 gallon drum and put a sponge on it before covering it with 'leather like vynil'.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts