Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys which seat you think. I have read that the mustang sits up higher and the corbin sits back further. Either one will get a back rest. My lower back hurts some as I am on my feet all day at work. I don't want to have to put risers on the bike. Would really like to here from corbin owners.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Corbins ain't cheap, but they come with backrest slots for rider and passenger so you can get two backrests or just one that you move between the two slots. Mine sits me lower and further back, and I have 2" riser extensions. I've done 500 miles in a day on it with minimal soreness.

Profile shots

Stock:

Corbin:

·
Registered
78 Posts
The corbin is lower than stock? I put corbins on all of my bikes... but I definitely do not want to sit any lower on the 900...

·
Registered
148 Posts
If you don't want to put risers on, the Corbin is pretty much out of the question. You won't be able to lean into the backrest while being comfortable on the grips. This is because the Corbin dual tour for the 900 doesn't have fore/aft adjustability for the backrest, only tilt.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Lots of variables in the comfort equation. Only you can decide if you need risers, a new seat, or both. I had the riser extensions for a while before I changed to a Corbin seat so I didn't give them another thought.

Something else to keep in mind is that if you wear a jacket with thick back padding, that along with your posture will affect when you are actually leaning on a backrest. I've never had a problem with mine, and when I have the backrest on while riding the twisties, I rarely touch it. Just a little lean forward to get off it or a little lean back to relax from time to time.

If you lived close by I'd invite you over to sit on my bike and see what you think.

·
Living The Dream
1,512 Posts
I recently put on 3.5" pull back risers, and an Ultimate seat. I also have 8" mini apes. I would recommend this seat to anyone. You literally mold into the seat. They way its design you sit in it, not on it. I am super happy with the set up the way I have it. I am now sitting almost upright without fatigue. The drivers backrest is also adjustable 2" fore and aft, along with tilt. I do not have it but plan on getting it and just yesterday talked to the manufacturer about it. The seat is not cheap but in my opinion totally worth it. I also recommend getting the sissy bar pad and rain covers.

I can only compare it to the Mustang seat. The Ultimate brought me forward a little compared to mustang. Not sure but I think its a little higher too. I never used the stock seat so not sure there.

·
Registered
148 Posts
what bout the mustang...will you have to put risers on with it?
I've also got the mustang without backrest -- to me, it sits me a bit higher (maybe it just improves my posture?), so the extenders might be nice, but you can certainly just use the stock risers, as it seems to move you forward a bit.

It's just that the corbin moves you wayyyy back when you lean into the backrest.

Drumstyx

do you mean the backrest will only go up and down not back and forth? Thanks
I could have an older model or something, after all, I did buy used. The *only* adjustment available on my backrest is tilt forward/backward. Not up down, and not fore/aft (closer/further from the tank).

Picture looking at the bike from the side. Fore/aft is left and right, height is of course up/down, and tilt in this case is simply rotating. Tilt is the only adjustment on mine.

Of course, if you're going the Corbin route, you can always call them to find out more info; they may have changed the design a bit to incorporate better adjustment. Then again, if you're going Corbin prices, but you don't want to get new risers, you could also go Russel day-long and get a killer seat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts