Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone with the Dual Tour Corbin tell me if the rider seat height is the same or higher? I'm 5'8" with a 30" inseam and can't afford to go any higher.

·
Registered
170 Posts
According to the Corbin site the seat is about 1 inch lower and sets you back some. Mine has been ordered. I will let you know how it is in Nov when I get to ride again. I have a 29 inch inseam so this is one reason I ordered the seat.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Here's a previous post from me about the VV Corbin - after putting a few miles on it (not many), I'm starting to think I need to put my Air Hawk pad on it. I haven't ridden further than 40 miles at a whack, and my butt starts to feel like I've been sitting on concrete. Could be that I'm still adjusting to it....it's a different sensation....it's better is many respects, but not a perfect solution. Time will tell.

Well the Corbin just arrived. At first, I couldn't get the back end to fasten into the bracket on the bike no matter how hard I pressed down - even sat on it and bounced; so I removed the bracket from the seat and added a pair of thick washers, one for each bolt - washers were about 1/8". Re-installed bracket - she snapped on like she was supposed to. Later I saw on their website that this is a known issue, and they suggest exactly what I did to address it. The rubber bumpers on the underside are riveted on poorly. One fell off of the passenger backrest and I hadn't touched it. Screws would have been better.

Initial impressions (without riding): Does not lower you as much as they claim (hardly noticeable), but it definitely moves you back! So much so that I'll have to get a set of risers (I'm 5'9"). My feet don't reach the Highway pegs nearly as nice as they used to either - not much adjustment room there, but did the best I could with it. If you're tall and you feel cramped on the bike, this seat's for you! I measured and it's 2 + inches further back than stock. The seat felt comfortable, nice and firm. Backrests (driver and passenger) feel good, and Driver Backrest adjusts nicely (but not up and down). Definitely looks better than stock. Will get a better idea once I can take it on the road after this 40 day flood comes to an end. But first, I'll have to wait until my risers arrive - can't ride the bike with this seat until I can get a little closer to the handlebars.

Update: Haven't put much mileage on - the Risers sure changed the slow speed handling of the bike - almost like riding a different bike. Hopefully just a matter of getting used to the new position (seat and handlebars are 2" further back). Just ordered a different set of Highway Pegs (going with Kuryakyn's Tour-Tech Mounts w/Iso Wings, so will be selling my Longhorn Offsets w/Iso Swept Wings). It appears the seat will do it's job in eliminating "monkey butt", but it seems that it may create a new problem - like sitting on a rock all day...ha ha! Like I said, need to put more miles on it to get a better opinion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts