Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day All.
Well I've ordered a Corbin Solo and it should be shipped from the US to Australia next week.I then need to take it with me to Thailand next time I travel there.I was wondering if anyone knows the approximate weight of them.I plan on taking it in my suitcase. I was looking on the web but can't find anything except that they weigh a bit more than stock.Thanks olks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much for that.I can easily take that in my suit case as I'm allowed 30 Kg. and 7lbs is less than 3.5 kg.

·
Registered
141 Posts
G'day All.
Well I've ordered a Corbin Solo and it should be shipped from the US to Australia next week.I then need to take it with me to Thailand next time I travel there.I was wondering if anyone knows the approximate weight of them.I plan on taking it in my suitcase. I was looking on the web but can't find anything except that they weigh a bit more than stock.Thanks olks.
Where did you buy the Cobrin seat and got it to ship to Australia?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey findlay13,

I wonder if you have gotten your Corbin Classic Solo ? How do you find it ? How is it compared to the stock seat ? I am about to order one myelf, but boy is it expensive ! Cheers.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Hey findlay13,

I wonder if you have gotten your Corbin Classic Solo ? How do you find it ? How is it compared to the stock seat ? I am about to order one myelf, but boy is it expensive ! Cheers.

Mine was 528 shipped, be sure to tell them exactly what you want; if you are tall don’t waist your money! The seat sits you further down in the bike with a profile similar to the mid reach. For me the seat back bracket dug into my tailbone!

Shortly after that I dumped the S in favor of a Harley Touring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey findlay13,

After a couple of weeks delay it was sent on Saturday so I haven't recieved it yet but I've had one on my Triumph America for 10 years and I love it.I also had a mustang on a Honda I owned and that was good too but I think the Corbin is better.As you say the ARE expensive.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks for the answers, guys.

Its just amazing how many mixed reviews the Corbin seat gets. Some people just love it, some say not worth the money. I find it quite disappointing that its 2019 and neither Corbin nor Kawasaki seem to be able to figure out how to make a proper seat for this bike ! Which is a shame, because the rest of the bike is so good and enjoyable, but the seat is just dreadful. How could Kawasaki get this so wrong ? I can do 200 km on my stock seat Suzuki V-Strom no problem !

I am 182 cm, which makes me 5'9 in old money. Just mid-size I assume, but a heavy bloke, so I opted for the extended reach handlebar and the foot pegs all the way towards me, which suits me well. I have the mid reach seat and apart from being uncomfortable as hell after about 70 km the riding position is quite relaxed and good.

I think if you are committed to the bike you really don't have a choice other then biting the bullet for a Corbin. Many people here and elsewhere say that gel-pads, airhawks and the extended reach seat don't really address the problem.

I got a quote from dynamiccyleparts.com. The seat is $ 495 US and shipping to Australia $ 150 US, which brings it with the weak OZ dollar to just over AU $ 900.-. Ouch ! I am just totally scared that if I spend this money and then the seat is still not what I want. - What to do ?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well all OEm seats seem to be crap.I don't know why they can't make decent one Triumph looked good but it crippled me after an hour.Same with the Kawasaki seat 100kms and stop for me.The Corbin on my Triumph took 2,000 ks to break in .It cost me $550 Australian at the time but I've had it 10 years so that's 55 bucks a year for comfort.Bargain IMO.This one's costing me 880 bucks Australian so I think it's worth it.
Hasn't arrived yet.I wont be able to try it until May then a month or three to break it in.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Hi

Just wondering why you don't just get your seat modded, I did

I am in Adelaide and there is no way I was going to spend nearly a grand on a seat with no guarantees that I would like it.
I had mine cut reshaped that cost about $150 and then got a Utopia backrest at $400aus.
Now the seat is made for me exactly and it is great.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Been there done that.I had my Triumph original seat re-done with better foam.It was an improvement but the Corbin was a different level.I'd already had a mustang on a Honda I had and it was great but mustang didn't come to the party with my model Triumph until I'd had the Corbin 5 years.
I thought I'd made a mistake until it broke in at about 2,000kms ,since then it's been great.
I'm 65 lots of broken bones aches and pains etc.I can't ride without forward controls [unfortunately because I can't take my weight off the pegs] I cried at the price when I bought the Corbin but I haven't cried since.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts