Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at cooling system parts for the meanie on 2 wheel pros and bike bandit and noticed there are two different fans for the bike as well as two different fan switches. I also noticed the parts diagram doesent mention the switch/sensor located on the thermostat housing. Does anyone know why there are two different fans and switches? Also does anyone know what the switch/sensor on the thermostat housing is for?

I'm not too savvy with water cooling yet as the only two bikes I've had with it before this meanie I have never had to mess with.

I had another post recently about my meanies cooling system just a few threads lower than this one actually if you care to read the backstory. I took the meanie in for service because of the temp light coming on before the fan. I just bought the meanie and the switches on the radiator were recently replaced by the po in the last few months. I called the shop and my service advisor was off today and the person who answered said they did a diagnosis and the tech put in a repair request for the fan switch and another switch she had never heard of. I know right? But anyways I was looking at that parts diagram and came across this and was curious. When I talk to the service advisor tomorrow I wanna be on the up and up with what these parts are and know what the differences are between the cooling systems that require the different fan and switch just in case.

·
Registered
11,756 Posts
1. I only see 1 fan called out in parts catalog. 595002-0013
2. Sensor in thermostat housing is for ECU.
3. 270010-0024 is switch for fan.
4. 27010-1305 is for overtemp light.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts