Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I notice when I turn my ignition from On to Acc if the fan was running, it will immediately turn off. I was told the fan should continue to run even if I turned the ignition all the way to Off. That I'm not sure of but I would think that it would still run in Acc mode until the temp lowers enough to cycle it off.

What is the correct functionality and do I need to check into this situation?

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I notice when I turn my ignition from On to Acc if the fan was running, it will immediately turn off. I was told the fan should continue to run even if I turned the ignition all the way to Off. That I'm not sure of but I would think that it would still run in Acc mode until the temp lowers enough to cycle it off.

What is the correct functionality and do I need to check into this situation?
Mine wouldn't.
Turn the kill switch off and leave the ignition in run mode. Let the fan cool the water in the radiator for about 3-4 minutes then start the bike back up.
The temp gage will drop dramatically as the coolant as the radiator cycles through the heads. Kill the engine & you've dropped you sitting temp by quite a lot.

·
Registered
580 Posts
That's the way they run, You will get some heat soak. If you turn the key back on a couple minutes later you will see the temp a touch higher than when you shut it off. My 1500 Classic fan would run with the key shut off until it cooled down to a certain temp

1 - 3 of 3 Posts