I have had my 2009 LT for 11 months ( I don't ride much in the winter ) and I
can't ever remember hearing , or , seeing the cooling fan spin. I , also , have
not seen the overheating indicator light go on. Does the fan spin only when
the engine heat reaches a certain temp. ? Has anyone else come across a
similar situation ? Thanks !

·
Registered
73 Posts
Once the engine heats up the fan will run. Mine doesn't run much if the temp is below 70 F. On a 85F or 90F degree day the fan will run much of the time expecially if you are riding below 50 mph.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Once the engine heats up the fan will run. Mine doesn't run much if the temp is below 70 F. On a 85F or 90F degree day the fan will run much of the time expecially if you are riding below 50 mph.
This is a fact. Also not recommended btw is riding with shorts on when temps are >90F. because the heat dissipated by this fan will burn your legs off!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Like an idiot I ride most of the time in the summer in shorts but my trips are short. I find my right leg calf gets almost burned by the exhaust pipes even though they are double guarded. It must be just the infared heat cause the air is not that bad.....

·
Registered
74 Posts
I live in Florida, and my fan turns on while sitting at red lights. Of course the temperature is in the mid to upper 90s in the summer here. I just want to tell you, I can not hear my fan running, but I can sure feel it blowing the hot air. I sure am glad my bike is liquid cooled.

·
Registered
228 Posts
This is a fact. Also not recommended btw is riding with shorts on when temps are >90F. because the heat dissipated by this fan will burn your legs off!

+1

I was stupid one day this summer. My right leg was pretty red at my knee. Never drove with shorts again!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I seldom ever hear my fan running unless I'm sitting still, but I sure can feel the heat it blows backwards towards my legs. Shorts are definitely not a good choice for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts