Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I added a trailer hitch and a cooler carrier to the VV, got them from www.chucksterscustoms.com couldn't ask for higher quality parts,.

So now when the travel bag is placed on the rack my license plate and turn signals are blocked. Has anyone made a work around for this? Looking for way to add lights to cool rack.

I have a couple of ideas but would like to see how others have fixed this challenge. Pictures would be helpful.

Trevor

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
I added the Marvellas extensions for the turn signals, and don't worry about the plate. I have had officers behind me with no issues.

Another option could be to mount one of those lighted license plate frames onto the rack with a wire plug connection. The have models with run/turn/brake lights on them. then you can move the the license plate to the frame for travelling.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The extensions are a possibility and use the brake lights on the tour pack as my brake lights, then like you take the chance with the plate light.

Was looking at adding the combo light units mounted to a post on the back of the rack.

Thanks for the suggestions

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
All my years as a Motor Officer, having your license plate covered is normally no issue or concern. Should any officer including myself when I was working (20 years on motors) think they need to stop you and look at your plate, they will. You gave them that option by covering it up....

Simple as that. As long as you are driving human you shouldn't have a problem unless they are actually looking for a scoot like yours... or you... :eek:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts