Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted this on engine work with one response so I know more riders here will have a answer. Watched the video/info commercial and do not know. Ray you know anything about this product or better yet do you use it?

Saw this email from Cycle Gear and it has the Engine Ice coolant advertised. Is this stuff better than standard green coolant? I have heard the name just haven't heard of anybody using it.

http://www.cyclegear.com/eng/product...ant/web1001459

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
Yes it's better. We have several post on it in this forum. Do you know how to do a search?

·
Registered
765 Posts
Our cooling system is only two quarts and the radiator is very small. Coolant will only absorb so much heat and reject it at the radiator. The bike runs hot and the liquid cooling system only circulates around the heads. IMO, the additives will not make any noticeable difference.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Posted this on engine work with one response so I know more riders here will have a answer. Watched the video/info commercial and do not know. Ray you know anything about this product or better yet do you use it?

Saw this email from Cycle Gear and it has the Engine Ice coolant advertised. Is this stuff better than standard green coolant? I have heard the name just haven't heard of anybody using it.

http://www.cyclegear.com/eng/product...ant/web1001459
I have Engine Ice in my 09 Voyager right now. I have not done precise "scientific" measurements on the difference in engine temperatures, but a "seat of the pants" measurement is that I am running about one mark lower on the engine temperature gauge. My fan comes on much less now than it did with the stock fluid, and I live in south Florida where there are plenty of days when the fan kicked in.

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
I use Engine Ice in all my water cooled scoots..... have for quite a while. It's good for -45F.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts