Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i noticed a small leak coming from the rear cylinder. the leak is coming from the coolant line thats connected to the cylinder.its not the actual hose, but the metal pard that connects to the motor. doesnt seem to be leaking alot but still something im concernd about. im sure theres threads on here exlpaining my issue but cant seem to locate them. Bike is a 12'vn900classic and has just over 6000mi. please help.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I gave the clamp a good tightening after noticing that was the source of the leak. The hose was in good shape so i hope hope this cures my problem. I put about 1200 mi a month on my 9 so i want to make sure shes rinning in top shape.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Hey Bobby,

Have you had some cold weather lately out there in sunny Cali?

Coolant leaks always seem to pop up in cold weather. The molecular structure of antifreeze reacts to cold by shrinking.

My 900 developed a coolant leak in cold weather. I used a small socket to tighten all of the coolant clamps I could find; some of them were pretty loose too.

Tighten all of your hose clamps and your leak should go away.

Scott

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I gave the clamp a good tightening after noticing that was the source of the leak. The hose was in good shape so i hope hope this cures my problem. I put about 1200 mi a month on my 9 so i want to make sure shes rinning in top shape.
You probably got it. This is a very common occurence with the 9s. Mine did it and once I tightened the clamp it was done.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, i made sure all the clamps were tight last night.the wheather has been between 20°-30° when i start my morning commute to work. hopefully tighting all the clamps help, dome were slightly loose

1 - 6 of 6 Posts