Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just did a trip of 700 miles over a few days wearing rain gear the entire time. Needless to say, after a while it was very uncomfortable. One main complaint I had was my seat sure did get warm. Anyone out there got the cure for a cooler seat?

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
Warm from engine heat coming up through/up the side of the seat or warm because you was wearing non breathable rain gear, which will do the same thing.

On the CBR 600's my oldest daughter drives we would get that plastic looking insulation usually in a roll (shiny silver) at any auto parts store and put that under the seat. Especially after we improved its performance as the exhaust pipe went under the seat. That always made a big difference after we did that. We would double wrap the pipe with exhaust wrap and the seat would still get plenty warm.

Also you can get a heat shield/deflector now like te ones you can get for Harleys to help stop engine heat coming up the sides of the seat. I am so bow legged that I never get the "boys" hot.

I can't remember the brand but there are a couple threads in here about them.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Bubba the heat shields are located at www.rjsoriginals.com . I have them on my vaquero, it's some of the best money I have spent on the bike.They really help keep the boys cooler.

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
I know the seat heat shields work on the guys with the HD's.....

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
Bubba the heat shields are located at www.rjoriginals.com . I have them on my vaquero, it's some of the best money I have spent on the bike.They really help keep the boys cooler.
I have these heat shields, too. Have had them on my 2011 Vaquero for the last two years, they work great and hold up well.

·
Registered
89 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts