Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went darkside today on my VN900. Only put a few miles on, but I think I like it. Softer ride, which is good. Feels fine in corners with only a tiny need for extra counter steer. The only quirk is a slight shifting feeling when making tight turns at parking lot speeds (like the tire is suddenly trying to right itself).

I am not interested in the religious arguments that this topic tends to create. My only thought is that is ridiculous that I only got 7,000 miles out of the stock tire. I ride mostly on my commute, which is fairly straight highway the whole way, so I tend to wear the center tread. A CT seems like the perfect solution.

One of the main arguments I see from the anti-darkside group is that the motorcycle designers have meticulously designed all the components on the bike to work together, and any deviation from that is tantamount to negligence. I find it strange that you never see these same concerns about the myriad of other common motorcycle mods (240 rears, lower, bob, ape-hangers, chopper, extended swing-arm, etc). Most of the mods I listed are done strictly for image and don't even have an inherent upside like a CT does.

I also added Counteract beads which seem fine so far.

Attachments

·
Registered
365 Posts
I am not interested in the religious arguments that this topic tends to create.
Then why did you say this?:confused:

My only thought is that is ridiculous that I only got 7,000 miles out of the stock tire. I ride mostly on my commute, which is fairly straight highway the whole way, so I tend to wear the center tread. A CT seems like the perfect solution.

One of the main arguments I see from the anti-darkside group is that the motorcycle designers have meticulously designed all the components on the bike to work together, and any deviation from that is tantamount to negligence. I find it strange that you never see these same concerns about the myriad of other common motorcycle mods (240 rears, lower, bob, ape-hangers, chopper, extended swing-arm, etc). Most of the mods I listed are done strictly for image and don't even have an inherent upside like a CT does.

I also added Counteract beads which seem fine so far.
I don't like to think of myself as an "anti" anything, but more of a pro "right tool for the job" kinda guy.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Good to know!!! Please give us more feedback!! its winter season in here but next summer i will need a new tire! I'm about 3000 miles on the stock tires and its dead!! I like to know more about tight turn how is it feel?? did you try with a passenger? Any power lost??? Maybe a stupid question I'm sorry I'm a bit immature! but do you think burnout are still possible!??

·
Registered
365 Posts
Good to know!!! Please give us more feedback!! its winter season in here but next summer i will need a new tire! I'm about 3000 miles on the stock tires and its dead!! I like to know more about tight turn how is it feel?? did you try with a passenger? Any power lost??? Maybe a stupid question I'm sorry I'm a bit immature! but do you think burnout are still possible!??
Is it burnouts that got you only 3000 out of your stock tire?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Is it burnouts that got you only 3000 out of your stock tire?
Yeah sorry like a said I'm a bit immature! :rolleyes: I buy my custom SE 2010 it was a new bike ( a left over) I invest around 2000$ in it this year cobra auto tunner air intake, exhaust ( other cosmetic parts ) and performance of my was so much better!! That cause lose of some rubber ;) so I now need a new tire for next season !

·
Registered
222 Posts
Welcome to the Darkside....I'm still looking for the cookies as well...was only offered some funny tasting brownies.

I love mine as well and will never go back.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
i dont mind stirring the pot .... mmmmm

Wanted to go Darkside but the light keeps on shining. Altimax exploded - ripped the bead and 8" gash in the sidewall and shredded the tube.

Next thing is a 200 tire. None of the catalogs I have list 200-70-15.
but of course, others know better than most.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts