Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever dressed up their 1600 classic up like a Voyager. I know you can get a similar fairing setup of front but how about the trunk on the back? Will one from a voyager mount up to a 1600. I would have loved to buy a Voyager but it was simply way out of my price range so I am hoping I can "dress" mine up to look like one and more importantly give me and the wife all those creature comforts and storage spots for our long trips. Thanks

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Ok I'm not sure why I was having such a hard time finding this stuff initially but I have now found quite a few aftermarket companies that make similar trunks. Anyone have a brand that they would recommend though? I haven't heard of many of them.

This is one brand that seems decently priced but I know nothing about them.

Tsukayu

·
Registered
115 Posts
Just go on ebay and search universal trunks, prices from 65 on up, mines and 04 trying to do the same thing.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
My trunk was 66 bucks off ebay...
Man that looks good! did you get the hard bags off ebay as well? your set up looks great!

Also does it require purchase of any additional brackets to be added for installation. Right now i just have a backrest installed but it was on the bike when I got it so not sure if it is a factory item or not. And if anything was taken off i did not get it with the bike.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Here's mine..Trunk and bags are from Mutazu. The trrunk rack is from Wompus Racks. Fairing from Memphis Shades and radio from Ron's motorcycle systems. Take of the trunk and you've basically got a 1600 Vaquero. I have tried t hem both and I have just gone back to the Voyager. I like having the extra storage

Attachments

·
Registered
249 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I ordered one that I think I will really like but I have not luggage rack. I think i am going to order this cheap one off ebay. Says it fits 1500 but i cant find a cheap one for my 1600. Hopefully it fits.

Luggage Rack 96 Kawasaki Vulcan VN1500 | eBay

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They have 1600 racks on eBay!
I know but they are like 150 bucks. I dont want to pay that much for one if I can avoid it since I will be covering it up. If I have to then I have to but no one will ever see it and it will not be used a luggage rack. Just a mount for my trunk.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah I don't think that will work. The angle of the bolt holes will cause the rack to be pointed up on the back of my bike.

Here is a picture of the back of my bike. I don't know if this stuff is factory or if it is aftermarket but what I plan to do is remove the backrest, mount a some kind of luggage rack and then mount my new trunk on top of the luggage rack. Does anyone know if this is factory or if it is something else. This is what is causing my hesitation to buy one.

I only plan on removing the top portion only and leaving the bottom part because my bags are mounted to that. Maybe the pic will clarify whats going on a little.

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
My hard bags off ebay also for 100 and hardware for an extra hundred bucks. The brackets are universal mounts from mutazu and they were 40 bucks. All in all about 260 in my setup, not bad for the look.

·
Registered
115 Posts
My trunk is bolted to my luggage rack with grade 8 bolts and it ain't going no where, the trunk comes with all the hardware but didn't work with my application cause it's universal.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah thats a hell of a deal man. I think since mine already has bags I will be able to mount hard bags one way or another with what i have fairly easily. I'm just trying to make sure I get the right luggage rack to fit what is existing on my bike. I don't know if it is stock or not but it looks a lot like a cobra ones. Not sure though. Im trying to get in touch with the previous owner right now but he may never text me back.

·
Registered
195 Posts
that 1500 one wont fit.. i tried it.. There is a rear fender rack that fits the 1600.I used to have my old trunk bolted to that. It works OK as long as you are not putting that much weight in the trunk

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
I know my trunk can hold 2 full size helmets, my rain gear and other crap with no problems. If you buy the cheap trunk it comes with mounting hardware, you will definitely have to modify it to ur application but if you have any mechanical skills it can be dun for sure

1 - 20 of 20 Posts