Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I have a 2010 Vulcan 900 Classic. Recently I've been looking to spice of the aesthetics of the bike and wanted to know if there was anyone here who has done any relatively inexpensive work on their Classic?

I really have been digging the bobber look recently (like the honda fury) and wonder if there is any way to achieve that kind of look with the Vulcan 900 Classic? Can I simply change the front wheel to a thinner, larger wheel to look more like the 900 Custom? Should I change the bars?

I don't have any experience with bike modding at all so any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help!
Adam

·
Registered
450 Posts
Oh man, I can't second G Man's link any more! That shop is top notch! Like you, I had never wrenched on my bikes, but with their online videos and the paper instructions for electrics, it made the project a lot easier, as well as being a ton of fun!

Their kits are all self-contained (ie, 1 bag per kit), the metals are all finished nicely (primer or bare aluminum for fenders, powdercoated everything else), and they include almost EVERYTHING you need. If you own a power drill and a basic set of wrenches, you're set. They include the drill bits, RTV, loctite, allen wrench, and probably some other stuff I'm forgetting.

Oh, and their videos show not only how to install THEIR parts, but how to remove the STOCK parts. Great stuff!

Yes, it's a bit pricey (I think my order came out to about $1,200 for both fenders, both light kits, license plate bracket and rear light kit, seat and seat mount kit), but you can do it one kit at a time if you want (do the seat first, then the rear fender).

Finally, if you get into a sticky spot, just call them, they'll walk you through any issues you have. Very friendly folks.

-John

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice guys!

I know I'm being difficult but I don't necessarily want to go the full bobber route. I like my current seat because my girl and I like to ride together. Could I replace the front fender with their kit and add a larger/thinner wheel without making any other adjustments to the bike? Or would that look out of place?

Adam

·
Registered
450 Posts
Thanks for the advice guys!

I know I'm being difficult but I don't necessarily want to go the full bobber route. I like my current seat because my girl and I like to ride together. Could I replace the front fender with their kit and add a larger/thinner wheel without making any other adjustments to the bike? Or would that look out of place?

Adam
You can do it, and I'm not sure, but it may look out of place... or it could look cool. My wife's Sportster has a fat front tire, 2-up seat and the front fender looks shortened, and her bike looks good.

I'd say go for it :D

That, or chop your current fender down and keep the fat tire. I like wider tires, they help with tramlining on scarefired pavement.

-John

·
Registered
127 Posts
Lance Wise who owns blue collar bobbers is a very fantastic guy to work with & very easy to reach should your run into a snag. I have my bike 50% done. It is super easy and requires very little skill.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts