Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wanting to pull my back tire off, to get a cartire mounted tomorrow, and wanted some easy way to lift the bike high enough so as not to have to remove the fender. I have no suitable jack, and had no time to go buy one, and wasn't sure it would go high enough anyway. I was trying to figure a way to get 2 sissor jacks together like Kawasaki shows in the manual...etc......and making this way harder than it needed to be................because I bet I walked past and around my tractor 20 times looking for something I didn't have.

Walked past my tractor with the front end loader, and lifting straps in the barn:rolleyes:

Hook above to saddlebag mounts, raise up high, take off wheel, set back down on railroad tie, go tomorrow, get tire come back and reverse process.

I am ashamed to say, I have been trying to figure some cheap way for about 2 weeks. Once I was actually thinking about a way to do it, ........while I was actually on the tractor shredding a pasture. :eek:

Don't tell anyone else on here though:cool:

I'm an idiot

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

That wouldn't be big enough to get the tire off without taking off the fender, or at least would not be as convenient.... especially when installing a bigger car tire.....but thanks anyway

I like mine better,

plus I have made a platform to go on the back on to my (hay lift forks)

that I can pull the bike onto and raise it up 3 feet

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts