Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys - Im new to the forum and after many years of sport bikes and standards, I picked up a 2007 900 classic. I am considering bobbing it, but wondering about my options. I dont really have the tools to fabricate much myself, but I really like the solo seat look. Im not terribly excited about chopping the struts off the frame on this bike yet (maybe in the future). Any options of a solo/spring type seat and smaller fender, but retaining the struts? Or has anybody modified theirs to be able to bolt the struts back on if they want to do some 2 up riding? Thanks!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hey guys - Im new to the forum and after many years of sport bikes and standards, I picked up a 2007 900 classic. I am considering bobbing it, but wondering about my options. I dont really have the tools to fabricate much myself, but I really like the solo seat look. Im not terribly excited about chopping the struts off the frame on this bike yet (maybe in the future). Any options of a solo/spring type seat and smaller fender, but retaining the struts? Or has anybody modified theirs to be able to bolt the struts back on if they want to do some 2 up riding? Thanks!!
I had the same issue. I wanted a bit of the bobber style, but I didn't want to cut my frame because my wife likes to ride with me sometimes. I opted for a steel smooth short fender that looked bobbed but was still attached to the frame struts. I custom made the seat but you could put a springer solo seat on there as well. I based the design off of the new Harley Davidson Softail Slim.

I am very happy with the look I achieved.

If your not too mechanical inclined you can look into fenders designed for running a wide rear tire. They look very similar to the fender I made. There are few companies that make fenders like this for the Vulcan 900.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info! Looks great.....pretty much the idea I'm looking for. Did you lower your bike?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Thanks for the info! Looks great.....pretty much the idea I'm looking for. Did you lower your bike?
Yes and no. Just last week I looked under my bike to see that it was lowered 2 inches by the previous owner. For 3 years I had no idea it was lowered.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts