Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for information on how to connect my Garmin Zumo 660 to the Factory Radio/CB/Intercom system on my 2011 Voyager. Could anyone provide me with the information I need? I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have the 660 on my voyager. It came with the motorcycle mount. You will need to buy the mp3 connector from Kawasaki. I also got a short 3.5 mm cable to connect the two. I just have it running out of the left side compartment on the fairing. Works good but you cant change the songs with the thumb controlls.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
I have the 660 on my voyager. It came with the motorcycle mount. You will need to buy the mp3 connector from Kawasaki. I also got a short 3.5 mm cable to connect the two. I just have it running out of the left side compartment on the fairing. Works good but you cant change the songs with the thumb controlls.
I connected up the same way steeler fan did. The neat thing is when Your GPS talks to give directions it will cut in on the song playing. It will then go back to the exact point on the song where it cut in. If you just want spoken directions through your speakers to hear better that works too. I had 1000 songs on My 660 at one point. If you want the thumb controls to use, you will need to hook up with an I-POD and the hook up from Mama Kaw.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Can you have the GPS connected for turn by turn directions and an IPOD for music at the same time?
No I dont think so. You have only 1 plug 3.5 mm jack. The IPOD would use both plugs in the left compartment. The zumo would not have a place to plug in. Maybe someone else knows a way.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Kawasaki makes a 600 series connection kit. It is just a short wire with a 3mm male plug on one end and 3 bullet connectors which hook up behind the radio (you can remove the headlight to see them). Its made to be used with the motorcycle harnes that comes with the 600 series (which why it is short).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts