Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

concrete

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  SteveJB 
#1 ·
does any one have the desert dawgs rain guards wind deflectors if so what you think!

#2 ·
I had them on my 900 Custom. I had 1 1/4" Cobra Bars that were made for the Classic (Cobra hadn't designed anything for the custom yet in '08). At the time I had Tour Master Saddle Bags, a Mustang Seat and Tank Bib so they blended well with the Faux Leather theme I had going on. I expected them to block more wind than they did, but the upside is that I left them on year 'round. I never felt the need to pull them off in hot weather for better air flow. They held up beautifully over the years. About once a month I would pull them off (2 minute job), clean them and treat them with Protect-All. I'll look for pics tonight.

#5 ·
Thanks. I was surprised that I had to go back to 2012 to get pics of it with the DDs on it. I guess I stopped taking picures of it after 5 yrs or so. My son has it now but last time I saw it, he hadn't put the DDs on. But the bike's still running great. We're planning on a 300+ mile ride this weekend. Might be the last one for a while though. 35F mornings can be rough on that bike (even with the Batwing).
Ride Safe!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.