500.0 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM SATA3 6GB/s​
All-in-One Memory Card Reader Internal​
LG Blu-ray 14X Recorder w/ 3D Feature,16x DVD Recorder SATA combo drive​
LG 24x SATA DVD Recorder +R/RW -R/RW​
Dual Case Fans 120 mm Extra Quiet​

·
Registered
450 Posts
I actually just got a 128GB SSD last night and realized it's a 2.5" and my drive bays are 3.5", and my current case doesn't have room for another drive (it's a small case). So after some deliberation with my wife, I decided to swap everything to my older case with hot-swap drive bays, which took me almost 4 hours, and I need to order a 2.5 to 3.5 adapter to make it fit properly.

As for what I'm running:

Antec Sonata III case w/ Antec 500w power supply
AMD Phenom II x4 945
8GB DDR3 (4x2GB)
nVidia GeForce 460 SE
WD 1TB 5400 RPM
WD 250GB 5400 RPM (backup)
OCZ 128GB SSD (new toy)
LG DVD drive
Generic Blueray drive

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Built this rig a couple years ago but it still runs fast as anything!

Gigabyte 99FX-UD3 motherboard
AMD Phenom II X4 965BE running @ 4GHz
Scythe Mugen 2 CPU cooler
8GB of DDR3-2100 RAM
ATi Radeon HD 5870 (XFX model, overclocked)
500GB SATA III 7200rpm Hard Drive (Would like to go SSD)
Custom painted CoolerMaster tower!

Hadn't gotten the graphics card in yet from NewEgg on that second one.

Also have some red CCFL lighting in there and the large front and top fans have red LED's in them.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
I have a com-pew-ter that you can pick up an carry wit'cha with some thing-a-ma-bobs and do-dads.

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
Mac. No upgrades, no virus, no windows, no problems! Works fine, lasts a long time, won't rust, bust, or collect dust!:D

·
Registered
450 Posts
Mac. No upgrades, no virus, no windows, no problems! Works fine, lasts a long time, won't rust, bust, or collect dust!:D
But required a 5 year loan to pay back lol!

I'm only kidding, I'd love to get my hands on a Mac. Specifically a 27" iMac, but I got a bike instead of a computer!

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
But required a 5 year loan to pay back lol!

I'm only kidding, I'd love to get my hands on a Mac. Specifically a 27" iMac, but I got a bike instead of a computer!
One iMac, two Mac mini's, one Macbook, four iPads, two iPhones, lots of various iPods, four Airport routers; all paid for and no loans.
My Macbook is so old that I can't even install the latest OS on it. Same with one of my Mac Mini's.
Only thing that ever required repair was when the keyboard cracked on my old white plastic Macbook after a few years. Apple replaced the keyboard free of charge.

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
Wow, I didn't know people still "built" computers. I just have a little ol' HP netbook and an andriod phone. Now audio equipment...that's a slight different story.
There are "geeks" for everything. There are people here who want to become petroleum engineers just to decide what motor oil to use in their bikes!
Think I'll just go riding.....:)

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Wow, I didn't know people still "built" computers. I just have a little ol' HP netbook and an andriod phone. Now audio equipment...that's a slight different story.
For a typical consumer grade computer, it's actually CHEAPER to go with a store-built machine with a warranty. But for a high end machine, one designed for high end gaming or video processing or whatever, you can save thousands building. (Plus it's fun for geeks like me!). When I built mine I spent around $1100 in components including lighting and paint and stuff. Dell has a custom high performance computer wing, and that same machine would've been around $3,800. iBuyPower, a major high performance computer manufacturer, would've been over $4,000. No thanks! Oh, and neither of them would have been as fast, as they were a model or two behind on both the CPU and Graphics card. This thing really screams, it's not just a solitaire and taxes machine! (Even though it does a lot of both LOL)

And although the computer itself doesn't have a warranty, the components do. Many of them have a lifetime warranty (the RAM and CPU, for example) where others have 5 and 7 year warranties. With a store-bought computer costing 4 times as much, you'd only get a year or two. Plus, again, it's fun, and you get a bleeding-edge screaming-performance machine. Of course, since it's a computer it won't be long before it's not bleeding edge anymore, BUT, still much faster than anything you can buy, even today, for the money I spent.

My laptop is just a little acer I bought for $400 at Best Buy though, works for me!

I'm also a huge Apple fan. Don't have a current mac though (some old ones). Love my iPad and iPhone though!

One iMac, two Mac mini's, one Macbook, four iPads, two iPhones, lots of various iPods, four Airport routers; all paid for and no loans.
My Macbook is so old that I can't even install the latest OS on it. Same with one of my Mac Mini's.
Only thing that ever required repair was when the keyboard cracked on my old white plastic Macbook after a few years. Apple replaced the keyboard free of charge.
Wish they still made the white plastic macbook. Always preferred that look over the aluminum one. I would REALLY love one of the new Retina macbooks.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Just plugging along with the PC I built several years ago.

Gigabyte 965P mobo
Intel Core2 Duo E6600
2GB RAM in dual channel
Antec 340W PS
Antec Sonata quiet case
Gigabyte/NVidia 7300GT 256MB passive-cooled video card
160GB SATAII "C" drive
1TB SATAII "D" drive
Plextor SATA CD/DVD burner

only somewhat recent addition is a Blu-Ray player that I never use. Not sure why I bought it.

I do have a 64GB SSD that I've though about putting in for "C" / OS drive but haven't got around to it just yet, and a new PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610W PS, but it's too loud for the living room with that PS in it. As it sits it is virtually silent from more than a foot or two away.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts