Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess its my turn to have a serious electrical issue
06 1600 Classic.. went to ride today, turned the key on and upon hitting the start button. everything went dead..tried again same result.. lights and all were coming on but all would go dead once i hit the start button.
I hooked up the battery tender and it said 'charge aborted - bad battery' OK.. Off to the store to get new battery. Upon hooking up new battery..no nothing..no lights..nothing.. I tested the old battery on multimeter and it still read 12.4 V. Before taking it out.. i tested on the MM and it read 3.3V. I have since tries the old and new battery and have nothing with the turn of the key
I have tried even hooking cables to the terminals and leavng the battery out so as not to have to go through the hassle of trying to get the battery in the compartment

So now I dont know what is going on...Need some ideas as to what to look at next

At one point, i heard two small 'pop/clicks' when hooking things up.. I have checked all fuses in the right side box and the 15a in the compartment..they are all fine

As a side note.. i had been having some issuse with blowing the 10a acc fuse but i thought i had that correected as it has been out a few times since then

Whats the next thing to look at to at least get something to light up


THX
PD
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts
There is a 30A main fuse accessible inside the battery compartment... Check this fuse if all circuits are dead.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is INSIDE the battery compartment??? I saw a 15a with a spare 15a with it but did not see a 30a.. i will check again
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok... found the main fuse.. yep it was blown.. replaced and we have main power back.. still not turning over but the tender says battery is at 40%.. I'll let it charge and see what happens
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,246 Posts
There is a reason the main fuse was blown. I would do some serious testing, as the next time you may find yourself a couple of hundred miles from home after dark. Be sure and carry spares.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top