Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 2010 classic brand new and love the bike she only has 3000 miles on her due to my conflicting work schedule, but I want to ask everyone if you have any complaints about your 900 other than the usual high rpms,uncomfortable stock seat and the occasional ticking from the fi.I for one am not a fan of the engine oil sight glass I'd much rather have a dipstick.other than that I have no complaints. Let me know what you think

·
Registered
451 Posts
Nope. For oil sight glass I keep a mirror on a stick in the saddle bag.

And I run the stock seat with a Utopia backrest.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Can't say I do. In fact, I'm an oddball in that I don't have a problem with the RPM's. It's right about where my car runs on the interstate (just under halfway to redline). But the bike is much louder than my car so you can HEAR the revvs.

I guess the clutch is a little stiff. But I'd really have to be nit-picking to say that.

Hmm... Wow I guess it's hard to think of something I don't like about the bike. Dual calipers up front would be cool? Maybe? Nah I'm reaching...

It's a great bike, all there is to it. At least for what it is. A guy like me is perfectly happy with 900cc power at 65mph cruising. Seems like the only people who don't like it seem to need more than that. But I guess that's why the make a 1700!

·
Banned
593 Posts
Nope, no complaints other than the seat, quiet-a$$ stock pipes (solved), and the - well - that's it!

There's no such thing as a perfect machine. I fly a multi-million dollar jet. It still makes odd noises in flight, and has an uncomfortable seat! :p

·
Banned
334 Posts
At the risk of beating a dead horse...

Reasons why I traded my 900 for a Nomad:

1. Transmission whine.
2. Buzzy at interstate speed.
3. Weak electrical system.
4. Weak front brakes.
5. No self-cancelling turn signals.
6. Passenger seating too cramped.
7. Insufficient power when 2-up.
8. Passenger footpegs too close to muffler.
9. No passenger floorboards.
10. No passenger grab rail.
11. Handlebars too wide and uncomfortable angle.
12. Difficult to adjust rear suspension.
13. Poor rear suspension performance.
14. Mediocre front suspension performance.
15. Weak horn.
16. Valve train sounded like it was full of marbles at high speeds.

In spite of all this, I would gladly buy another 900 right now if I had the extra cash.

Joe

·
Registered
18 Posts
very happy so far. Bad connection to front left turn signal addressed under warrantee. For what it is, it does the job well. In my opinion, the best 1st bike.

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
I bought my 2010 classic brand new and love the bike she only has 3000 miles on her due to my conflicting work schedule, but I want to ask everyone if you have any complaints about your 900 other than the usual high rpms,uncomfortable stock seat and the occasional ticking from the fi.I for one am not a fan of the engine oil sight glass I'd much rather have a dipstick.other than that I have no complaints. Let me know what you think
I don't have a problem with any of those, and no other issues either.
The 900 is a well made, powerful machine.

Rod

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
When you're at highway speed the speedo needle is right over the top of the clock, making it hard to tell what time it is (or how late I am).

Pretty minor "complaint" in the grand scheme.

I've got a V2K now,and I too would get another 900 in a heartbeat if money and space permitted. I loved that bike.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mine doesn't have the Kawi tick to it and the interstate rpms don't bother me I usually don't run the big road I'm just going by things I've seen in other posts. Hey bill I considered a v2k at one time, did try stop the production of them I haven't seen any new models , how does it run ?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
My only complaint is that I'm not getting to ride the damn thing! Reason? We're in the process of packing up all our household stuff to ship them to Alaska, where we're moving to. Need to be near the family and grandkids. Come Spring, though we'll be out on the 900's.

·
Registered
492 Posts
If it had better brakes and a charging system that could handle more accessories, and had an overdrive 6th gear for highway speeds. It would be just about perfect for me. As it is, it's plenty good enough! I'll be sticking with mine!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Other than the usual!

My complaint is the thing is addicting. I get upset every day that I can't ride, I get over it but still.

I agree with the brakes, found a fix, and the suspension is not the best I have ridden, can be upgraded, the charging system is just a bad decision to go so small, I replaced all the turn and brake light bulbs with LED'S, saved over 80w of stock usage, after my stator went out at 6500(extend warranty covered it).

FOUND THE 6TH GEAR. :D
Overdrive pulleys front and back and 5th gear now starts around 60 mph.

Yes I have paid for it but still not a bad price for the ride.

Three years and 15,000 miles and looking forward to many more.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Mine doesn't have the Kawi tick to it and the interstate rpms don't bother me I usually don't run the big road I'm just going by things I've seen in other posts. Hey bill I considered a v2k at one time, did try stop the production of them I haven't seen any new models , how does it run ?
They don't make 'em anymore. It's a beast, power galore. Runs smooth (don't all the Vulcans?).

The ergos are not that different than the 900. Similar riding position, control layoiut, etc. It's harder to ride than the 9, mostly because it's a LOT heavier. The 900 is so easy and nice to ride. I truly do miss mine sometimes (mostly when I'm backing the Beast out of the garage). I can never say enough good things about the 900.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Love my 2010 900LT, but do agree that a 6th gear is needed, thankfully I don't ride 60+ mph very often, and a seat upgrade is coming soon.... stock seat is good for about an hour and then it's time to get off

·
Registered
8 Posts
I love her but with one complaint, the stock seat. I just bought a Mustang seat and now just have to wait for the snow to melt off. I'm praying for May to get here!!!
I'm new to riding and this is my first bike. I am so not disappointed!:p

·
Registered
193 Posts
At the risk of beating a dead horse...

Reasons why I traded my 900 for a Nomad:

1. Transmission whine.
2. Buzzy at interstate speed.
3. Weak electrical system.
4. Weak front brakes.
5. No self-cancelling turn signals.
6. Passenger seating too cramped.
7. Insufficient power when 2-up.
8. Passenger footpegs too close to muffler.
9. No passenger floorboards.
10. No passenger grab rail.
11. Handlebars too wide and uncomfortable angle.
12. Difficult to adjust rear suspension.
13. Poor rear suspension performance.
14. Mediocre front suspension performance.
15. Weak horn.
16. Valve train sounded like it was full of marbles at high speeds.

In spite of all this, I would gladly buy another 900 right now if I had the extra cash.

Joe
Pretty much the same with me, only at the moment I still have my 900 Custom for which I love for short quick blasts.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts