Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I get some opinions on 3 brands of seats? I would like info. on comfort and how good it looks on the Custom. I'm sure alot of you have some great pictures also. The three brands that I'm looking at are:

Corbin
Mustang
Saddlemen

Comfort is the higher of the priorities. I wouldn't be surprised to get info. on brands that I haven't listed. That's great too. I'm sure it could help myself or others.

thanks, Sue

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've just put a Mustang Daytripper on my custom and I'm very impressed with the look. The passenger area is much larger than the stock seat (stock passenger seat is way to small IMO). The driver seat sits lower and has a greater curvature to support your lower back better than the OEM seat, which I really like. It's a little stiffer than I thought it would be... I suppose that's because I'm comparing it to the BigA$$ mustang seat I had on my Suzuki Marauder 800... so perhaps it will take some time for me to put my ... let's say my impression.... on it to soften it up!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Here's a pic of the Mustang Daytripper from the side.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
I think all 3 are probably great seats. If you plan on having a frequent passenger I would think the Mustang day tripper would be a good bet. I have the Saddleman and am very happy with looks and comfort, however I don't ride 2 up very often.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I did quite a bit of research before I bought mine, and compared all the brands you mention (along with the Kawi gel, et al)...I ended up buying the Mustang for a variety of reasons too numerous to list. However, a couple of really nice features about the Mustang One-Piece is 1). it has a kind of built-in backrest for the driver (which you can see in the pic), and 2). it has the best seat for the passenger (much better than Mustang's Daytripper, for example). If you want comfort for both you and your passenger, it's hard to beat the Mustang one-piece.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how about the Corbin Young Guns?

I very seldom ride with a passenger. And, would love to ditch as much of the rear pillion as possible. Any ideas? thanks, Sue

·
Registered
427 Posts
I very seldom ride with a passenger. And, would love to ditch as much of the rear pillion as possible. Any ideas? thanks, Sue
Then, were it me, I'd get the Mustang Daytripper.

·
Registered
50 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have a Saddlemen Renegade solo. Love it. Mostly 2-4 hour rides

·
Registered
84 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
seat pic's

Nic, I would love to see more pic's of the seat. I'm sure plenty of others would too. thanks, Sue

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
rear view of Custom

Hey SickNic, Just noticed something... Would you happen to have any pictures from the rear of the bike? I would like to check out the plate mount and turn signals. thanks, Sue

·
Registered
953 Posts
Can I get some opinions on 3 brands of seats? I would like info. on comfort and how good it looks on the Custom. I'm sure alot of you have some great pictures also. The three brands that I'm looking at are:

Corbin
Mustang
Saddlemen

Comfort is the higher of the priorities. I wouldn't be surprised to get info. on brands that I haven't listed. That's great too. I'm sure it could help myself or others.

thanks, Sue
Tahdi, you sure are on a hunt for a new seat huh? lol trying to get ready for cruising at misquamicut beach? thats my old stomping ground. I think im going with the saddlemen myself, think it looks the best

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
new seat

I've been researching seats like crazy. It kills me that they make such nice looking solo'sforall of the other bikes. Damn that fender mount. I've narrowed it down to the Renegade or Daytripper deluxe. I know it isn't a solo, but it flows really nice. I did take some nice rides to the beaches last year. Followed by a nice stop at the Coast Guard House to hang out on the deck. I am also planning a trip to Laconia. It's all good.

Sue

·
Registered
84 Posts
I searched and researched also. Comfort was the most important on the list. I will get some pics posted later for you with some different shots. I have been waiting for a sunny day to get some updated pics anyways.
The one thing that is going to happen going to solo is you will see the rings in on the fender. They have gotten better and less obvious since the solo went on but you can still see them.

·
Registered
84 Posts
OK. Here are a few shot this morning. Hope it helps in the decision. It is somewhat wide, but I think most of them are. It is a cruise ship of a bike

Here is a shot of the rings you see

And from the backside per your request:)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
nice bike!

That looks great! I wish my state would allow verticle plates. They look so much better. thanks, Sue

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had the Solo on mine. It was great for short rides but i found it to not give as much back support. I switched to the Saddleman Profiler, Similar to the mustang day tripper, and has proved to be great!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts