Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Words of Wisdom:
If you own a gun, you will appreciate this.
If not, you should get one and learn how to use it.

Shooting Advice:Cops carry guns to protect themselves, not to protect you.

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

Never let someone or something that threatens you get inside arm’s length and never say "I’ve got a gun." If you feel you need to use deadly force for heaven’s sake let the first sound they hear be the safety clicking off, and they shouldn't have time to hear anything after that if you are doing your job.

""The average response time of a 911 call is over 23 minutes, the response time of a 9mm/.357 or .44 magnum is 1400 feet per second.""The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win - and cheat if necessary."

"Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets. You may get killed with your own gun, but he'll have to beat you to death with it, cause it's going to be empty."

"If you end up in a gun fight... If you're not shooting, you should be loading. If you're not loading, you should be moving, if you're not moving, your dead."

"In a life and death situation... Do something. It may be wrong, but do something."

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If you have a gun, what in the hell do you have to be paranoid for ? "

"You can say 'stop' or 'halt' or use any other word you think will work, but I've found that a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much the universal language."

"You have the rest of your life to solve your problems. How long you live depends on how well you do it."

the Libs are always wrong.. "You cannot save the planet, but you may be able to save yourself and your family."

·
Registered
864 Posts
I want to agree but im scared ! You might think im gettin soft....Bulldozer

·
Registered
98 Posts
Why carry a 1911? Because life is too short to carry an ugly gun.

...if you find yourself in a fair fight - your tactics suck.

(I still believe that the ATF should be a convenience store)

:skeleton:

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
When i read the heading, it said "Common Sense" .... i would of thought that it would have been making sure you were never in a position where you may need one.13 years running the 48, truck routes never go thru the nice areas of town.

Jersey, NYC, Compton etc, etc, i have seen the worst, never once have i ever felt the need to have one.

Bring it on ..... LOL

·
V2K Rogue Wrangler
1,112 Posts
When i read the heading, it said "Common Sense" .... i would of thought that it would have been making sure you were never in a position where you may need one.13 years running the 48, truck routes never go thru the nice areas of town.

Jersey, NYC, Compton etc, etc, i have seen the worst, never once have i ever felt the need to have one.

Bring it on ..... LOL
Hell, Aussies don't need guns, they all carry giant knives and wrastle allygaturs!

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Hell, Aussies don't need guns, they all carry giant knives and wrastle allygaturs!
there ya go .... we are so tough, my rice crispies dont go "snap, crackle, pop" they go .. shessh, here he comes.

·
BOTM Winner, December 2013
1,172 Posts
ive never felt the need to carry either.... i only shoot things i plan on eating

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
So my husband and I both have guns and been thru several training courses for this... and he carries.... but I gotta add something to Poncho's post....

Words of Wisdom:
Never let someone or something that threatens you get inside arm’s length and never say "I’ve got a gun." If you feel you need to use deadly force for heaven’s sake let the first sound they hear be the safety clicking off, and they shouldn't have time to hear anything after that if you are doing your job. AND BE SURE TO TELL THE POLICE THAT YOU DID SAY "ARMED CITIZEN ! STOP! before you fired....even if you didnt !"

"

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
the training says if you wanna avoid a long legal hassle you gotta shout "armed citizen....STOP" before you pull the trigger on someone. AND you have to say that you felt threatened ( or your family). Otherwise you probably face some serious legal doodooo....

however, I think you would agree, there aint no way I am warning the person....LOL...so you just gotta remember to tell the police that you did these things 'before'...!

Is that B4..or as?

Or maybe could be "armed citzen stop!"...breathing!... on me.

·
V2K Rogue Wrangler
1,112 Posts
the training says if you wanna avoid a long legal hassle you gotta shout "armed citizen....STOP" before you pull the trigger on someone. AND you have to say that you felt threatened ( or your family). Otherwise you probably face some serious legal doodooo....

however, I think you would agree, there aint no way I am warning the person....LOL...so you just gotta remember to tell the police that you did these things 'before'...!
Words waste shooting time. Fortunately in Texas it ain't a prerequisite for defending oneself.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
What wiz I thinking! Themselves ain't allergaturz! Thems crickey-dolls!
I gotta admit, i have seen em, but i have never hung around to determine the species.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Fire three warning shoots to the chest then yell freeze...:) Wife and I do alot of bike trips, I have a concealed carry permit and take advantage of it.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Just saw this thread and thought I would share

My wife and I were visiting Austin, Ponch's neck of the woods; the're crazy down there you know.
They were doing some renovations to the parking area of the TX capitol building, so we parked across the street at the Governers mansion. I left my 9in the glove box, no need to upset security and all.
Anyway, when we were leaving, waiting for the crosswalk light, there was a man across and the street and diagnal and yelling at the passing cars. Things like "hey you in the red ford--F*ck you!------Hey you in the white dodge---I am gonna kill you!" All the while he is holding a large PINK sign over his head; scrawled in "bat shit crazy" font.
When I crossed the main street and he was only across the secondary street I was able to make out his sign to say something akin to the following.

The state of TX puts communists in insane asylums.

At this point, the man holding a large pink sign notices me reading it and decides to start yelling death threats at me and crossing the street. I unlock my door and the glove box, retrieve my 9mm turn to face him while chambering a round. As it turns out, THANK GOD, he wasn't that crazy after all.
I bet I would have made the nightly news "Shooting in front of the Governers Mansion; update @ 11!"

Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it!!!!

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Thank goodness you didn't shoot!!!

We would have missed Poncho's contributions here terribly!

My wife and I were visiting Austin, Ponch's neck of the woods; the're crazy down there you know.
They were doing some renovations to the parking area of the TX capitol building, so we parked across the street at the Governers mansion. I left my 9in the glove box, no need to upset security and all.
Anyway, when we were leaving, waiting for the crosswalk light, there was a man across and the street and diagnal and yelling at the passing cars. Things like "hey you in the red ford--F*ck you!------Hey you in the white dodge---I am gonna kill you!" All the while he is holding a large PINK sign over his head; scrawled in "bat shit crazy" font.
When I crossed the main street and he was only across the secondary street I was able to make out his sign to say something akin to the following.

The state of TX puts communists in insane asylums.

At this point, the man holding a large pink sign notices me reading it and decides to start yelling death threats at me and crossing the street. I unlock my door and the glove box, retrieve my 9mm turn to face him while chambering a round. As it turns out, THANK GOD, he wasn't that crazy after all.
I bet I would have made the nightly news "Shooting in front of the Governers Mansion; update @ 11!"

Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it!!!!

·
Registered
864 Posts
Thank goodness you didn't shoot!!!

We would have missed Poncho's contributions here terribly!

Thats funny Annie !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
@ Tallannie;
I don't think it could have been Ponch! Even though it was about 15 yrs ago; I doubt Ponch was ever crazy enough to claim to be a communist.

Now if the sign had read "THE PRICE OF BEER IS TOO D*MN HIGH!!" then I may have been concerned.

Ponch, to my great relief, I did not have shoot or even speak a word. When he saw that I was armed, his eyes popped open to about the size of a grapefruit, he shut his mouth and nearly ran back to his dirty knapsack on the corner. I got the hell out of there pretty quick too.

Scott

1 - 19 of 19 Posts