Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for new tires for my 09 nomad 1700. Narrowed it down to the two tires above. Anybody thoughts on which of the above tires are better would be appreciated. Thx

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
I went with the Commander II for the better life, I really can't grade the life of them yet but I like the ride. The stock tires only lasted 9000 miles the front still had some life left but I like to replace them in a matched set.
The Commander stops good and has good grip and I have about 2000 miles on them now & they seem to be wearing good.

The price on the Mets were better but I want longer wear out of my tires.

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,854 Posts
The commanders will give you longer life, and better handling. I put them on my 9. I'm getting ready to change them out only because I want the wide whites.

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
I put MCII's on my Voyager shortly after buying it last year. Orig owner did not maintain orig's at all. rear looked like a Nascar slick and front looked worn but was cupped badly. This was with 5000 miles on the orig. I now have 5000+ on the MCII's and they look almost new. They handle great. So far I am completely satisfied with the purchase. Tires can be one of those items that has a lot of personal preference and loyalty in the decision making process... but this is my experience so far. Hope it helps!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Commanders all the way. I just took off The Metz didn't hold up and you constantly have to monitor the pressure so the wont wear uneven.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I agree with the Commander II's, I got 19,000 out of the rear and only had to replace it because I let the pressure get too low and they wore prematurely, front still great at that mileage.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Plus one on the Commander II. I changed to them early last season on my 800 Classic because of all the positive recommendations here and love how they handle and grip. The top selling point for me was when I went over a grated bridge that used to grab my stock tires and didn't feel any pulling at all. A year later and 6,000 miles with no sign of wear.

Ron

·
Registered
164 Posts
Commander II's - After much research, put a set on my 900 C. They handled great! Can't rate the mileage, as I traded it in on my Nomad before I had that many on them. At the time I purchased them, the Metz were more expensive, too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts