Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My VN2000 has stock seats on it, and this weekend I took my wife on a 225 mile ride with several other bikers. I"m not sure she will ride again until I find a more comfortable seat. Obviously, the wives on the Harleys were fine in their elaborate seating. Does anyone have any suggestions with regard to more comfortable after-market seats.........particularly for riders?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have the Mustang seat wide version with the OEM Vulcan backrest and my wife loves it. She calls the original a "panty liner" and the Mustang a "Maxi pad". I think with more padding and a backrest she will be fine but my wife now wants floorboards to make her feet more comfortable so what is a guy to do, Yes Dear and start searching the internet for the new parts.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have to agree with the purchase of a Mustang seat. The stock seats on these cruiser style bikes just are not up to scratch. I am in Australia and purchsed mine from the states at about half the price here delivered. When seated you are a bit higher than the stock seat but you sit at a better angle. I can tell you my backside has never felt so good because with the stock seat it was stinging within 50klms which made for a very uncomfortable ride indeed. Do yourself a favour find someone who has one and try it for yourself.

Cheers and Beers.

Bob

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have to agree with the purchase of a Mustang seat.

Bob
Yep - Mustang seat. A great investment. Much more comfortable and - at least for a tall guy - puts you in a more comfortable position and gives some lower back support.

Very good quality.

ANd if you are still sore after changing the seat, get an AirHawk butpad (you can get the rear also for the wife). With the new seat and the AirHawk I can comfortably ride my bike for 12 hours per day - even in hot sweaty weather - compared with about 3 hours on the stock.

cheers,

Doug

·
Registered
14 Posts
BTW:

Apparently you can buy the LT rear seat portion and swap it for the regular 2000 rear seat. That would be much better than the rather skimpy standard seat if thats the model u have?

·
Registered
60 Posts
As far as I am concerned there is only one seat to get and that is the Ultimate.

I've had my V2K for two months now and just put my new Ultimates on it. God, what a difference. I couldn't get a hundred miles with the stock seats and now I can do as many miles as I want without my tail end killing me and there is no pain involved.

Just my own opinion.

·
Registered
42 Posts
hard ass

i to got an airhawk and would never leave home with out it,just dont over inflate it ,:cool:it defeats the purpose ,can tell right away as soon as i sit down if its not on.best investment for comfort .dont let the price scare you its worth it ,and i am cheap!

·
Registered
538 Posts
My stock, Classic LT seats are great right out of the box. I have done an IBA run with my butt intact and the wife likes her part of it too. :confused:

·
Registered
42 Posts
an air hawk is an inflatable seat pad made by roho a company that makes inflatable pads for people who are bed fast so they dont have presure points as to avoid bed sores,and motorcycle seat pads ,so you dont get butt sore. www.theroho store.com/airhawk.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Well then could I interest you in a replacement set of seats? I have the original ones off my 2009 Classic LT 2000 that I no longer need.

·
Registered
538 Posts
the classic LT seat like you ride may be different than a regular classic,or you being an"older bike guy "and a trucker your butt is maybe more caloused.
Are too cruel, dude......and BTW. I never drove a truck. I was a dispatcher......of course I sat on my butt 12 hours a day doing that also. :p

But you are probably right about the LT's seat being different (as in more comfortable).

·
Registered
60 Posts
The difference between a stock LT seat and the Ultimate seat is dramatic. Granted they are both soft and cushy but the way the stock seat is built makes you sit on your tail bone and after about 75 miles it kills me. Have to get off for a bit. The Ultimate seat if shaped completely different and allows me to sit on my butt cheeks instead of tail bone. I can sit on this one all day and not suffer and butt pains.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The difference between a stock LT seat and the Ultimate seat is dramatic. Granted they are both soft and cushy but the way the stock seat is built makes you sit on your tail bone and after about 75 miles it kills me. Have to get off for a bit. The Ultimate seat if shaped completely different and allows me to sit on my butt cheeks instead of tail bone. I can sit on this one all day and not suffer and butt pains.
would the Ultimaate seat fit my Classic and look ok,how much do want for it? and can some one tell me what BTW means ? and LOL while were at it?

·
Registered
60 Posts
BTW means By The Way
I am not selling my Ultimate seats for any amount of money. The ones I have for sale are the stock seats that were replaced by the Ultimates.

I'll take $400.00 for them, rider and passenger seats.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Are too cruel, dude......and BTW. I never drove a truck. I was a dispatcher......of course I sat on my butt 12 hours a day doing that also. :p

But you are probably right about the LT's seat being different (as in more comfortable).
Dear "old bike guy" its probly more caloused then i thuoght, at least truckers have air ride seats ;) so the question is still out there is there a diffrence in aClassic LT seat and a Classic seat other than the "beedazls":confused:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts