Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got a Memphis Shades fairing and have been contemplating what I want to do with it regarding color matching the bike.

I recently read this thread and really liked what the guy did to paint his fairing.

My bike is a 2010 900 Classic LT, with the OEM paint scheme of Candy Imperial Blue/Metallic Moondust Gray. I'll put a pic at the bottom of this post.

So, I contacted ColorRite about their paints, because their paint wizard didn't show me both colors that are on my bike. They only show the blue color as being available, so I had to ask them about the silver/gray color.

Last night, I got a response from ColorRite. They don't have the Metallic Moondust Gray color. (it looks like a silver metal flake to me) They want me to send them a part of my bike, that has that color on it, apparently so they can create that color and put it in their catalog.

I thought that quite strange, given that the bike isn't that old and the color is a main color for 900s for the 2012 model year. They don't have the color listed for the 2012 model either. :)

Here's my bike and the colors are stock.

Kerry

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ordered all of the different parts late last fall. I'm not sure exactly what the prices were for the various pieces, but they were in line with the normal costs for each item, at the various internet sites that carried them. IIRC, the fairing by itself was about $225. The QR hardware and a couple of windshields bumped the price to over $400.

The stuff has been sitting in boxes for 2 or 3 months. If you want, I can dig out the invoices.

Kerry

·
Registered
450 Posts
That sounds about right for the cost. I've had my setup priced out for a few months, just need my domestic CFO to sign off on the expense.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts