Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,I have'nt seen and/or heard from anyone on the forum lately-Whats the matter,You guys(&Gals) Do'nt like ridin in the cold weather? In any event the 17 ol dog is still runnin-'been lettin it rest since its been a lil chilly/wet here-HOPE EVERY1 HAD A GOOD CHRISTMAS,&A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL::love::cool:(y)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you are still able to ride, join our monthly mileage challenge.

So sorry I can't take the mileage challenge-Workin 7 days a week,&ridin those days when weather is permitting. We just got done w/a cold front+Wet weather here down in s.Fla. I REALLY WISH I COULD AFFORD A NEW KAW900LT along w/the the time to take a nice L O N G Vacation/ride. In any event,Glad to hear from some1 on the Forum:) RIDE SAFE&KEEP THE RUBBER ON THE ROAD:):cool::geek:

·
Registered
50 Posts
What is cold riding for you?
Where I live, it can get really cold, but not as cold as in some places north up.

I can ride at around 3-4C (37-39F) but I wouldn't go below that because of high risk of ice.

Besides, in Sweden when it's snowing they throw tons of salt on the road.
It rusts everything. I hate it.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I live in the NE (Philly), the weather has been on a roller coaster as of late. I’ve been able to squeeze in a short ride about once every 2 weeks. This coming Saturday is supposed to get close to 60F so I’m hoping to get out again. Looks like it will be chilly and rainy off and on for the week after. So got to take advantage of what days I get.

·
Registered
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S, 2020 Kawasaki Z900
355 Posts
Yeah the SE Pennsylvania weather has been insanely inconsistent and too much rain with over night freezing to get out much, hopefully we both manage to get a ride in Saturday!

·
Registered
18 Posts
What is cold riding for you?
Where I live, it can get really cold, but not as cold as in some places north up.

I can ride at around 3-4C (37-39F) but I wouldn't go below that because of high risk of ice.

Besides, in Sweden when it's snowing they throw tons of salt on the road.
It rusts everything. I hate it.
Just took my KVS out to run an errand yesterday. In Utah we would normally have snow on the ground with iffy and varying road conditions this time of year. Not this year. Not much moisture and plenty of sunshine (which might bite us later in terms of water levels). It was 34F and a nice ride. I only regretted not wearing a neck gator. :)

·
Registered
228 Posts
I’m in Philly and have been able to get out a few times this month. Sunday it was about 44 degrees. I won’t say I was warm, but I wasn’t so cold that it was distracting. I go fishing offshore in Nov usually and have spent 6-8hrs on the water when it’s 35 degrees with solid 20+ mph winds so I’m no stranger to layering up. This coming weekend it’s supposed to get close to 50 again so I will be hitting the road again at some point!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts