Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I am new here. I am here to get some help with my brother in-laws 2011 vn900
Just put v&h pipes on with a k&n air cleaner and a fi2000r(which still has the stock settings which are 4 2 0). And we are having cold start issues. It takes several tries to start the bike when cold. But it seems to start with no issues cold with the throttle all the way open which I assume is a flood clear?

Any help will be greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
173 Posts
With fuel injection you should not have a flooding problem .Try to adjust the idle set knob located infant of the air filter housing.If it is turned to low the motor wont run cold.May just need to turn up a little.hope this helps.

07 900Lt.
BUB JUG HUGGER PIPES
CORA FI2000R
ARLENE NESS BIG SUCKER!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i will check the idle set knob

I think if i set the pot settings all to 0 its like the FI2000 is not there correct?

·
Registered
173 Posts
On the FI2000R there is a safety set already programmed into ut.if there is any internal problems it automatically resets itself to 000.
This is what the booklet that came with mine said.so if you set it to that then yes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don't think it's the fi2000r because before we put the pipes and ac on
We tested the bike stock with just the fi2000r and it started and ran with no problems.

I am thinking maybe the idle screw

·
Registered
11,756 Posts
What if you have an injector driver that did work and now it is failing under low temperatures? Settings will have no influence over this.
If you take the bike into the dealer for this problem, the first thing they will point to/remove is the Cobra in order to rule it out.
Your bike has an ECU controlled cold fast idle over which the knob will have little effect, if any.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts