Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been thinking of adding a tach to the *9* ... Has anyone had any experience with the Cobra Tach? I have had Baron tach's on previous bikes and they work but I think the Cobra looks nicer. The Baron requires the adapter to work but Cobra's website makes no mention of this? The Baron had some fogging issues as well as hanging up from 3800 rpm to 4000 rpm's. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks and RIDE SAFE!:flag:

·
Registered
69 Posts
How do you like the GiPro gear indicator. I had the blue one as well and had to trade it in for green as the blue was too difficult to see during the day although it was great once the sun went down.

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
How do you like the GiPro gear indicator. I had the blue one as well and had to trade it in for green as the blue was too difficult to see during the day although it was great once the sun went down.
I like it in blue. It's usually shaded enough to see it OK.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I like it in blue. It's usually shaded enough to see it OK.
Are those gear indicator easy to hook up, I seen them on ebay and was thinking of getting one.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks. That's exactly the kind of endorsement I was hoping for. :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Did not want a brand new thread, but every picture on here and on the entire WEB is of the Cobra on a Classic/LT NO CUSTOM's anyone have a picture of the Cobra for the Custom, even Cobra Website does not have an Image.

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
Did not want a brand new thread, but every picture on here and on the entire WEB is of the Cobra on a Classic/LT NO CUSTOM's anyone have a picture of the Cobra for the Custom, even Cobra Website does not have an Image.
The Cobra for the Custom is kinda that shape, except that it clamps directly to the handlebar, not to your non-existant separate riser.
But, that's even better, because you can put it where you want on the bar, and can angle it more toward you for better visibility.
Here's what it should look like:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cobra-Tachometer-Tach-Honda-VTX-1300C-/270984345305

·
Registered
163 Posts
I hoped something like that

Okay, first off with NO disrespect to the Classic/LT owners at all, just MY opinion.

I absolutely think the curved mount from only 1 side looks terrible, the machine work is like art but the way it looks(made) on the Classic is horrible. I would have brought the mount out in a reverse V attaching to each of the front bolts 1 left 1 right. So I have been searching for the Custom mount.
So again just my opinion. Thank you for the picture reference

The Cobra for the Custom is kinda that shape, except that it clamps directly to the handlebar, not to your non-existant separate riser.
But, that's even better, because you can put it where you want on the bar, and can angle it more toward you for better visibility.
Here's what it should look like:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cobra-Tachometer-Tach-Honda-VTX-1300C-/270984345305

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
Okay, first off with NO disrespect to the Classic/LT owners at all, just MY opinion.

I absolutely think the curved mount from only 1 side looks terrible, the machine work is like art but the way it looks(made) on the Classic is horrible. I would have brought the mount out in a reverse V attaching to each of the front bolts 1 left 1 right. So I have been searching for the Custom mount.
So again just my opinion. Thank you for the picture reference
There's no reason the Custom tach couldn't be put on a Classic, and if I had it to do over, I would!

·
Registered
698 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Cobra accessories have worked out great for me. Excellent quality. I'm not crazy about the curved mount for the tachometer either but it works for me (mounted on the right side) because it allows me to keep an eye on my battery indicator (mounted center).

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts