Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you heard of or have this problem.

Well recently I had the cobra swept pipes put on by my local dealer (the flat black ones) and just the other day I noticed that the top pipe is changing the color of the tip of the bottom pipe?? Its like turning it a light brown to medium grey color. About 1 1/2 inches from the tip is changing colors. Is this normal if not what could be causing that to happen should I contact Cobra about it?? Any feedback would help thanks!!

·
Banned
593 Posts
Some will probably tell you that the excessive noise is causing the problem . . . :p

No, really - is the top pipe depositing exhaust soot on the bottom?

·
Banned
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some will probably tell you that the excessive noise is causing the problem . . . :p

No, really - is the top pipe depositing exhaust soot on the bottom?
no not really when i tried to wipe it off nothing came off the only other thing i could see is maybe when i start it and its cold outside condensation drips from the top pipe onto the bottom one ive seen that happen; but would that make it change colors??

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have this problem with my chrome swept exhaust. It comes off every time when i wash the bike. Some time when i let it sit to long it is a little harder to get off but a little chrome wax takes it off.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Try spraying on some Simple Green. It won't hurt the "ceramic" finish and may cut the crud that came from the rear pipe.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Try Nevr-dull, You can get it at Wal-mart for about $4 it comes in a silver can. I use to on my pipes to get the crap off thats left from my wifes shoe's. It looks like insulation, warm the pipes up a little and rub it in and wipe it off. I use it on all my chrome, Here's a pic of a old yamaha I used it on the motor that was all pitted and crappy looking but it took a lot of elbo work for that. The stuff works great! Good luck!

[/IMG]

·
Banned
593 Posts
Try Nevr-dull, You can get it at Wal-mart for about $4 it comes in a silver can. I use to on my pipes to get the crap off thats left from my wifes shoe's. It looks like insulation, warm the pipes up a little and rub it in and wipe it off. I use it on all my chrome, Here's a pic of a old yamaha I used it on the motor that was all pitted and crappy looking but it took a lot of elbo work for that. The stuff works great! Good luck!
His pipes aren't chrome, though. :p

·
Registered
851 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts