Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm contemplating replacing the exhaust on my 2012 900 Classic Lt. and I'm only looking for one particular exhaust. That's the Cobra Speedster Swept because I like the looks of the lines. If anyone has put these on their bike I'd appreciate a picture or two. I'd like to see how much clearance there is for the saddle bag and did you have to install a fuel processor?

Anxiously awaiting pictures :D

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Here is my swept exhaust.

I have enough clearance on my Viking saddle bags. I have about 1.5 inch clearance. You don't need a processor if you use only the pipes . If you change the air filter it is a must.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts

No tuner added. Plenty of clearance from my big ssaddlebags. Sound great, not too loud. Some of the more sensitive members of the forum find them excessively loud, though.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Beautiful! Thank you both. Looks like they are next on the list.
If there is an increase in sound I'll probably enjoy it. With well over 30yrs of working in a foundry and shooting has left me with tinnitus so it would be nice to hear the roar of my bike once in a while :D

·
Registered
110 Posts
Installed mine couple months ago. Used the Quiet Kore baffles, which gives little more backpressure. Has deep rumble when crusin'. Can def' hear me coming when shifting through the gears. Little pop every so often. I would say small increase in performance, sets you back in your seat easily. Might install fuel processor later. ? We'll see. Oh, forgot to say changed air filter to K&N before new pipes, so can't say if original vs K&N made any difference to sound or performance.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
287 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm contemplating replacing the exhaust on my 2012 900 Classic Lt. and I'm only looking for one particular exhaust. That's the Cobra Speedster Swept because I like the looks of the lines. If anyone has put these on their bike I'd appreciate a picture or two. I'd like to see how much clearance there is for the saddle bag and did you have to install a fuel processor?

Anxiously awaiting pictures :D
I'd recommend the Vance & Hines Big Radius too - very similar lines, and I prefer the way the header pipe from the back cylinder breaks right, and then curves around to the back of the bike. V & H anecdotally have better build quality too.

Reactions: nessy357

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'd recommend the Vance & Hines Big Radius too - very similar lines, and I prefer the way the header pipe from the back cylinder breaks right, and then curves around to the back of the bike. V & H anecdotally have better build quality too.
nofam, see, it's all a matter of personal preference :)
What you prefer, I don't. I looked at both and I like the way the Cobra pipes flow more uniformly in my eyes. It's all esthetic's and that's what I'm after. This mod for me is purely for self satisfaction :D

Kawigirl & Jorge, thanks for the pics! The first two actually sold me on the looks and they still look good in black.

·
Registered
28 Posts
nofam, see, it's all a matter of personal preference :)
What you prefer, I don't. I looked at both and I like the way the Cobra pipes flow more uniformly in my eyes. It's all esthetic's and that's what I'm after. This mod for me is purely for self satisfaction :D

Kawigirl & Jorge, thanks for the pics! The first two actually sold me on the looks and they still look good in black.
Hey, no worries - sorry if I sounded pushy, totally wasn't my intent! :D It's great we all like different mods - I love the ways we each 'tweak' to personal taste!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey, no worries - sorry if I sounded pushy, totally wasn't my intent! :D QUOTE]

Nope, not at all ;) That's why I tried to be specific in my original post. I bounced back and forth between the two and the Cobra's won :D

I just wonder how many completely stock bikes there really are out there. With so many accessories and options out there it's almost impossible Not to add something we see that we just can't live without. A friend of mine has been customizing his HD since he bought it and dropped another 2k on wheels and tires :eek: The only thing he hasn't done anything to yet is the frame, but I'm sure he'll think of something. Bikes tend to be an expression of ourselves so no two are ever exactly the same.

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts
I love the ways we each 'tweak' to personal taste!
That's what it's all about. Making your bike yours, my bike mine, his bike his. The chances of finding 2 people with the exact same preferences aren't as easy as some might think. I found that out when I sold my bobber. Took a long time to find someone else who loved it enough to buy it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Two benefits not mentioned: you can access the rear tire rim and front chrome on motor case a little easier for cleaning. Cut my knuckles many times reaching behind and around pipes to get those "hard to reach" places. Didn't ask- do you ride 2 up? You will have to move the one passenger peg up higher if you do. The bracket was included from Cobra when I received pipes. But, I had removed both pegs way before that. Screwed in black bolts to cover hole. If you don't, I've seen other bikes with what looks like rust in the open holes. ;)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Two benefits not mentioned: you can access the rear tire rim and front chrome on motor case a little easier for cleaning. Cut my knuckles many times reaching behind and around pipes to get those "hard to reach" places. Didn't ask- do you ride 2 up? You will have to move the one passenger peg up higher if you do. The bracket was included from Cobra when I received pipes. But, I had removed both pegs way before that. Screwed in black bolts to cover hole. If you don't, I've seen other bikes with what looks like rust in the open holes. ;)
It's ironic you should mention riding two up, I was just thinking about the passenger foot peg when I looked at my bike today. That's not a problem for me since I only ride solo but I could see the need to raise it up, just in case.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Yeah, I'm with Kawigirl. I removed my rear pegs because I don't ride 2-up and put in set screws to cover up the holes that the pegs left.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts