Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ride a 2012 vaquero just put cobra slipons on and now I'm getting back firing. Any recommendations on a fuel controller, programmable or not programmable?

·
Premium Member
343 Posts

Standing by for an answer on this one. I just purchased the Cobra slip-ons as well (not yet installed) and wonder if a fuel controller is really needed?

·
Premium Member
1,668 Posts
I ride a 2012 vaquero just put cobra slipons on and now I'm getting back firing. Any recommendations on a fuel controller, programmable or not programmable?
Skip he programmer for now.

This is what MUST be done at the same time s/ons are installed. The fresh air intake system (kawi calls it the "kleen" system, Suzuki calls it the "pair' system)brings fresh air into the exhaust ports for emission reduction. This system is largely responsible for the popping outa the exhaust and must be rendered inoperable.

Take the right side air box cover off, 4 small allen head bolts and it's off. Look at the black back part of the air box, look at the 11 oclock position, you will see a hole. This hole needs to be plugged up. A quickie method is to fill that hole with a high temp silicone like ultra black, ultra grey, etc. Allow time for full cure before starting.

This will reduce the popping, what percentage varies between bikes and types of s/ons.

RACNRAY

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Skip he programmer for now.

This is what MUST be done at the same time s/ons are installed. The fresh air intake system (kawi calls it the "kleen" system, Suzuki calls it the "pair' system)brings fresh air into the exhaust ports for emission reduction. This system is largely responsible for the popping outa the exhaust and must be rendered inoperable.

Take the right side air box cover off, 4 small allen head bolts and it's off. Look at the black back part of the air box, look at the 11 oclock position, you will see a hole. This hole needs to be plugged up. A quickie method is to fill that hole with a high temp silicone like ultra black, ultra grey, etc. Allow time for full cure before starting.

This will reduce the popping, what percentage varies between bikes and types of s/ons.

RACNRAY
Doesnt the hose that goes there also need to be plugged, or do you just plug the hole and reconnect the hose, effectively plugging the hose at the same time?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So tried that and no change still back fires. So I'm guess I'm going to have to suck it up and going to buy the power commander V.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Sure you're not just getting decel pop? Decel pop can be tuned out but it's not necessarily a bad thing. A properly tuned hot rod HD should have a little decel pop, and I see no reason why an overhead cam metric should be any different.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts