Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone have the cobra short installed on their v900? Pretty sure the mounts are the same whether classic or custom, so I'd like to get some up close pics of the bracket actually on the fender, and/or comments based upon your observation on the install of this backrest on your bike. If possible, I'd like close ups of the brackets from the side and top view of the brackets, so I can see how it's fitting with your spacers/chrome.

Anyone out there willing to help??? :D

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Also, if someone has one with a luggage rack on it, and/or saddlebags (ez mounts?), I'd love some close ups of that as well, to see how it all goes/works together.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
941 Posts
I'm not sure if I have a short or not. it says cobra on the back.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Probably the same brackets, though... any pics of those?

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have a 2007 900 custom. When they came out in 07 there wasn't much aftermarket stuff out yet for the custom. I went to Kawasaki and looked at the customs vs classics and they were the same bolt pattern for the back rest, so I bought the Cobra 14" and it fits fine. I also have the luggage rack, it's all pretty straight forward to install and looks good. I did modify the bar to fit the standard pad for a 17" bar because I didn't like the mini backrest pad.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have the large with luggage rack and bags if you want some close up pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Cobra short Backrest

I just installed one on my 08 Custom and it works fine. I would get the bigger pad if I had it to do over. The freedom pad is kinda small

1 - 7 of 7 Posts