Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed the Cobra Quiet Baffles in my Cobra slashdowns and i must say i did not like the outcome. The volume was not decreased any that i could tell but they did change the tone to a deeper more ear throbbing pain, I put the original cobra baffles back in.:(

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
The first time I put in the quiet baffles all I could think was, "Son, I am disappoint."

I let the bike idle in the driveway for a few minutes, didn't like the sound, and immediately took them out. They sat in the garage for a couple of weeks before I decided to give them one more try. This time I rode a few miles and the bike ran much better with the quiet baffles so I have had them in since.

Just standing next to the bike I can't really tell a difference either, but riding I certainly can. I wear a full face and with the standard baffles the noise would just get in there and rattle around really good, even with earplugs in. Not nearly as bad for me now. Really the main reason I left them in is because my decel popping has been significantly reduced. Once I finally spring for a fuel processor, I may go back to standard baffles but not right now.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Thanks for the review. I've heard this before of the Cobra quiet baffles, so I went with the Smartpartz baffles. Those did a wonderful job of making the tone nice and quieting it down a lot (I can still bring the noise with a twist of the wrist), just a pain to install due to my original allen bolts stripping out. Had that not happened it would been a fifteen minute job.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
With the smartpartz baffles do you leave the original baffles in?

·
Registered
193 Posts
With the smartpartz baffles do you leave the original baffles in?
Myself and many others that visit this forum can vouch for the SmartPartz Hard Kore baffles (I have them on my Cobra Swepts). They do work well with either of the Cobra baffles. Have recommended them to many other riders with similar comments. Check out the testimonials on their website.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yup, they attach to the end of the baffle. Pull off endcap, remove baffle, attach Smartpartz, reinstall baffle and endcap. About as simple as it gets.

I have them with the Cobra Dragsters. They were holy crap loud with the baffles im, never tried it without them. Gave the wife headaches, was even a bit much for me. Put those babies in and sooo much better.

If I ever change up the exhaust, they will be considered a necessary addition.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like i and gona have to purchase a set of SMARTPARTZ.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I installed the Quiet Core baffles just to remedy the decel popping, I did notice a slightly deeper tone as well. Does anyone have a part number for the smartpartz baffles and where to buy them?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just placed an order for the smartpartz for the cobra slash downs, I hope i like the sound and the power loss isnt very noticable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts